Vim`s Picture`s

vimm

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and below is a pic of my house labrador :lol: she's the most kindest natured dog i've ever met.. :D

if i can find a picture after i will get one of her sleeping next to the cat which she does everyday...

unfortunatly, 'Bella' has had hip problems since day 1 and cannot run and tires easily so we cannot use her for shooting :lol:

still, the most beutifull and best dog i've ever had.

shes 5 now, and hopefully will be with us for alot longer :/

by the way! - i'm almost 99% sure that lamb is with us no more.

Aled

post-11-1104874260.jpg

Its nice to see picture`s of working dogs Pete. Now you go out and test that partner of yours real good :lol:

Barrow that there on the dogs face is lipstick not a love bite :D sailor.

Im sure that you would give your dog a kiss when you get into bed with her at night :lol:

I like to see pictures of members dogs, shotguns, firearms etc.

But I find it very distasteful to see photographs of dispatched quarry posted for all to view as if they are some sort of Victorian Big Game Hunters Trophy.

I shoot primarily because I enjoy it and secondarily to contrtol the pests on the land I shoot. In the 30 years I have been shooting I have shot literally thousands of Pigeon & Rabbit & Pheasant, hundreds of Squirrel, & Corvids, at least 75 foxes, 13 Roe, 5 Fallow, 2 Red, & 1 Wild Boar. ( Plus about 10 feral cats ) and I have never seen any reason to display Post Mortus photographs of any of them either with or with out body parts missing or entrails hanging out.

I find it obtusely unnerving that anyone can derive any sort of pleasure from this and one of my pet hates is the monthy photographs in one of the Shooting periodicals which rewards people for sending their photos gloating over 100,s of dead pigeons.

I have nothing against Vimm or Vim or what ever his name is as he is obviously a skilled assassin and knowledgable countryman but I would prefer to see pictures relating to our sport other than the gory aftermath which could so easily damage our future if used as propaganda in the way that bloodied and shreaded fox carcasses were in the 90,s by the anti hunt establishment.

Our future lay in our own hands lets not give any one any evidence which might be indiscriminately used against us.

FM.

I dont dislike some of the Pictures Leon, (read my post again carefully, with respect I dont think you understood what I was trying to say.) But I dont have a Blood lust I am afraid.. I cant see any benefit to the future of our sport either Hunting, Shooting or Fishing by displaying the gory details to the uninitiated.

FM.

I cant see any benefit to the future of our sport either Hunting, Shooting or Fishing by displaying the gory details to the uninitiated.

FM.

FM,

I agree with you on this.

I fully appreciate the need for Vermin control and i do alot of shooting myself but when shooting magazines print pictures of people sitting with their bag of maybe 2-300 pigeons and giving out prizes for the best tally i personally feel that this is just what the anti's need to use against us and drum up support for them.

Likewise on an open forum like this, as said if you don't like something don't click on it, but anti's thrive on manipulating things to suit themselves and with certain pictures and comments we are making it easier for them.

Just my opinion

Mike.

I wouldn't worry too much about the antis getting hold of pictures and using them against us, they are more than capable of faking their own.

To the bunny huggers killing animals for sport is unacceptable, I don't think it is going to matter that much to them whether they can see the exit wound or not.

The bottom line is we kill birds and animals for a variety of very legitimate reasons, we should not be ashamed or make any apologies for this.

It is nice when the pictures are accompanied by a few lines explaining the story behind the photo. In my mind this shows the posters desire to share the whole experience rather than just trying to impress with a pile of corpses.

Q :lol:

Come now Gentlemen lets not wreck a perfectly good posting with good hunting/shooting picture`s by discusing how the picture`s can be used.

I see your point of view Fishy Mike and i except and respect it.

Now you except and respect mine eh sailor :D

Now Rarms you can talk when you post a picture of a pile of dead Baby Rabbit you Divi :lol:

Dont keep coming on this thread and complaining it`s all been said before.

May i suggest that the Moderators do there job and delete unnessesary posting`s not related to this Hunting subject :lol:

I have been reading posts for some time - since 29th December when I joined, and I only joined this forum to find out a little more about Pigeon Shooting etc; I recently joined a game syndicate this year, after buying my first Shotgun when my cert came through.

I rarely try to stick my feet in to an old conversation, but seeing that I can see most of it, I feel compelled to contribute.

Without repeating anything said before:

The Antis who read this board, and they do read this board, some may even contribute, are not going to be swayed in their opinions by anything we say on this board, either positive or negative. Their minds are made up, just like ours.

Vim has openly, honestly and with passion stated his case and I respect it wholeheartedly. Pictures paint a thousand words, and sometimes we need 1030 to say what we want; so keep up the friendly banter. I personally am not upset by the thought of blood and dead animals. I have been teaching my daughter since the age of 4 to clean fish and game, something she (now 7) is keen to do, but strangely my missus is not. It is entirely down to what we are accumstomed to. If we keep the pictures underground, we run the risk of becoming a seedy sport that should be kept from peoples eyes. Be proud of what we do. Educate the world that what we do is for our pleasure, food, environmental and agricultural economics. Show it off.

However how we do that should be in good taste. I have not seen anything on this particular posting that is in bad taste, however I am aware of some editing that has taken place, so don't judge my comments in this respect.

I am looking forward to my first summer's shooting, and I might take some photos if I remember, but I am usually too busy to get round to it.

I was a little concerned that we are giving Vim some stick. I am not going to repeat any other previous sensible postings, but I echo Tiercel's words in this regard. He may have rubbed some people up the wrong way, but why is that everyone gets so aggressive on a forum? Surely we are not all this aggressive in a normal lives I hope?

Thanks for letting me contribute.

TB

Thanks for letting me contribute.

TB

If I might say so, a very good contribution it was too TB.

A very well written post giving a sensible point of view and what a pleasant change not having to translate half the words.

Please keep them coming, we look forward to your next one.

The bottom line is we kill birds and animals for a variety of very legitimate reasons, we should not be ashamed or make any apologies for this.

It is nice when the pictures are accompanied by a few lines explaining the story behind the photo. In my mind this shows the posters desire to share the whole experience rather than just trying to impress with a pile of corpses.

Q :lol:

Nuff said

More pics please.

I will be posting pics as soon as the pigeons come out of the woods.

Come on Lads, haven't you realised that Pigeon Watch has become the "open" version of, ....I removed the link at the request of Vimm, to protect his site from Antis.... (the site with the closed/members only Forums).

So just learn to "walk the walk" (Okey Cokie, I believe) and "talk the talk" (mostly childish variations on posters names and take an overall superior and dismissive attitude to everyone) and you will fit right in.

I'm in favour of working dogs, fishing, deer shooting, ferreting, hunting, holidays and most things.

But, this is a Pigeon Shooting Forum and unique, I would hate all these other activities to take over.

There are plenty of other Forums adequately covering these topics (some aren't even "closed").

vim i think you said you use snares, well if you do where do you get the new ideas from? i make my own from wood i find and use my knife to make them with some fishing wire :lol: i got them from this small sas survival book and they are realy good but i was wondering if there was a good place to get more ideas from?