Notes - Members Attention

Teal

I'd just like to draw it to attention that recently of everyone that from now on we are going to be more strict with what is allowed on the site and what is not. Pigeonwatch is an open messageboard which can be viewed by anyone, and I'd like to remind everyone to please think before posting, shooting as a sport is constantly under scrutiny. Any post which is deemed to not be in the sports long term interest will be edited or deleted.

No swearing will be allowed on the forum. In addition I will be making changes in the New Year or perhaps sooner to move the chatroom into being a part of the forum. Everyone enjoys a bit of banter and joking but recently in the chatroom i have been told that this has gone over the top and some of the behaviour is bordering on abusive, it's not only childish but ridiculous and frankly it's not going to be permitted on this forum. It's been great not having to ban people from the forum, however if it becomes necessary then so be it. Each person will have one warning and then a permanent ban if they repeat offending

These are not retrospective and starts from now on.

[edit one warning and then a ban]

Edited by Teal

Guest Mr Pieman

Vulcha,

we are all mature enough to read and use the PC. We should all be mature enough to understand if you are told twice it is unacceptable that it is meant!

Its a simple message - post in the spirit in which PW was set up by Willian et al. or 'play' elsewhere. I hasten to add this isn't aimed at you - don't remember you posting bad stuff in the past :)

PP

Just go to the home page and scroll down to the “Chat” link.

Just been and had a look but there was no-one there. :o

I understand the thinking behind the wish to keep squabbling to a minimum, and believe me I have been on the receiving end of some very bad abuse from dip-$#its who have obviously come onto the forum to stir it up for a while.

This forum is very tame by some un-moderated forum standards, and I think that you will have to be careful not to confuse a bit of needle, with downright bloody minded offensiveness. :)

I have had a minor run-in with one of the members, but it was nothing more than that and I think it would be a shame if people began to be over-cautious about what they wanted to say for fear of instigating a warning.

A little bit of disagreement is good for any forum, as it helps to generate interest. When it gets as bad as it did on the GT site, that’s when it’s time to worry……. :)

G.M.

I had stopped visiting the chatroom over the last few months because it had degenerated. In the last few days I tried it again and found it was no better. Something needed to be said.

i only used to go on to speak to HG as he was one of the only ones that used to talk sensibly.. i have gone on recently and had alot of racist abuse thrown at me...

some by young members some by older members but i dont think i will be visiting again soon if i'm just going to have abuse thrown at me because of my Nationality and what my fathers job is and what mine is.

i agree fully with all you have said Teal, Well done.

Aled

A little bit of disagreement is good for any forum, as it helps to generate interest.

No one should be afraid of a bit of disagreement on a topic, it is when the person whose opinion is being questioned starts getting personal and abusive that the trouble starts.

Everone is entitled to their views and opinions without being insulted for exercising their right to express them.

Vulcha,

we are all mature enough to read and use the PC. We should all be mature enough to understand if you are told twice it is unacceptable that it is meant!

Its a simple message - post in the spirit in which PW was set up by Willian et al. or 'play' elsewhere. I hasten to add this isn't aimed at you - don't remember you posting bad stuff in the past :)

PP

Well said Mr P ,that pretty much sums it all up ,act mature and be responsible for your actions ,,,,,or dont take them .....

Martin

I had stopped visiting the chatroom over the last few months because it had degenerated.  In the last few days I tried it again and found it was no better.  Something needed to be said.

i only used to go on to speak to HG as he was one of the only ones that used to talk sensibly.. i have gone on recently and had alot of racist abuse thrown at me...

some by young members some by older members but i dont think i will be visiting again soon if i'm just going to have abuse thrown at me because of my Nationality and what my fathers job is and what mine is.

Aled

I agree wit that Aled. HG is the only person who has given me usefull advice about shooting. The rest of the time people just take the urine out of each other. It's very easy to join in with the others so if i've said anything which has caused offence i am sorry.

Teal , I agree with you 100%. Hammergun , I was absent from P.W. for some time then tried it again a couple of times, it was as you say I'm afraid so I dont go on now. This forum is usually informative ,enjoy's some friendly banter, and a lot of people view it .,let's keep it a quality site to be proud to be associated with. baikielboy :)

I had stopped visiting the chatroom over the last few months because it had degenerated.  In the last few days I tried it again and found it was no better.  Something needed to be said.

Aled

Aled

Racist abuse mate , your having a laugh are'nt you . Did you not hear about the kettle calling the pot black . I'd suggest you should take a look at your little statement at the bottom of your page , if your going to get all sniffy an pc about it taff.

TEAL

Was it my fantastic post on non hare coursing that got everybody over excited ?

all the best yis yp :)