Boxing day Racing.

Fisherman Mike

I have been informed that tomorrow at Ludlow in the 1.10 Baton Charge ridden by Jason Maguire and Trained by Tom George should go very close. He should be worth backing each way if his odds in the morning tissue are 5 to 1 or over, but I suspect that there might be a gamble develop on this horse as he has been well backed previously when falling in a better race than this.

On Boxing day We have a treat in the King George at Kempton and this will be a very difficult race to win with some seasoned handicappers and up and coming novices taking their place. I am not going to desert an old favourite of mine a Horse called Fondmort and although he will be a complete outsider if he takes his chance he will be at least double carpet (33/1) he normally runs up to his best form in December

Over at Wetherby in The Roland Merryck handicap chase Tom George saddles Be My Royal which was disqualified after winning the Hennesey in 2002. He broke down very badly after that race and was on the verge of being destroyed. However some pioneering treatment by his owner ( also a vet) has seen the horse return to full fitness. His Trainer has suggested that the leg is better than it was before. If the horse takes its chance carrying 10 stone 9lb it would have a very real e.w. chance. I know that the horse has been doing some very strenuous work and is well thought of.

Good luck to all.

FM.

Ps dont back the two boxing day horses Anti post ( that is before the day of the race ) as if they are withdrawn you will not have your stake refunded !!!!

Edited by Fisherman Mike

This is what my source said "Good luck and don't forget Gunner Welburn on Boxing Day at Wetheerby to get all the Xmas money back! Have a great festive season and back a few winners". Do your own research etc... but this guy has a decent track record. Do you have an opinion on this horse FM?

Good luck everyone.

Teal

Although Gunner Welburn won the Roland Merryck at Wetherby last year off a similar mark. His form leading upto this race doesn't suggest he can win this race. Previously trailing in a distant 4th and looking tired at 22L adrift in 3rd. Now at 12 years old doesn't seem many top races left in the poor old nag. Saying that as we all know anything can happen in chasing as last years race did, and Wetherby have some really stiff fences

Jonno

Be My Royal has now been redirected to the Welsh National at Chepstow on Boxing day.

I have been told by the Stable that he is very very fit and they are hoping for a very good run from him.

This race is a slog and Chepstow is a hard test for a horse, but he is very well weighted on his best form and there is no reason he cannot stay this trip.

Baton Charge was a major dissapointment on Wednesday but i suspect he will be dropped in trip as he came there cantering 2 out but found nothing at the business end. There is races to be won with him and I know we will have the opportunity to recoup any losses.n Watch this space.

FM.