Charlie can come for dinner

pavman

Like its says really, laid out a Goose carcass and hid in a farm trailer 100 yards away behind a hedge giving me a good all round view, the idea was to slow them up or stop them on the way to the poults, first one comes out for a sniff and when I switched on the scope mounted white light he bolted away, I made a clicking noise and he stopped at 150 yards to look over his shoulder, Goodnight Charlie,

Confident he was down and out I waited and sure enough another turns up, smaller a vixen, sniffs around the Goose and then looked up and smiled at the Hornady 60 Grain TAP on its way to spoil the party

DOG and .223 Tikka

post-1500-1223473134.jpg

Edited by pavman

Well done Pavman - i see the tikka is shooting ok now then.

:) thats the way to get em :P just wondering how long did you have to wait :yes:

tulkyuk, yep found the right round at long last, the TAP are quite slow, less than 3000ft/sec but they do the business nice a clean when they get there, and thats what you need

RG, the first was on me very quick, came out the Maize just after dark I was worried about how long my sent would hang around and perhaps put them off, but it was less than and hr from when the bait went out, the Vixen came out about 1hr after that I was all cleand up and home by 9:30pm which is a first, the main thing was in finding the route/time. I had laid baited alarm mines so i was fairly sure what time they headed to the Poult pen, the hard work paid off big time :/

Edited by pavman

well done chap good shooting!

what do you think of the tikka.

will hopefully be getting one over the next few weeks maybe a christmas prezzie lol. and just wanted your opinion.

given the choice of a another gun would you have a tikka again? have u had problems with it? and what scope do you have on the top.

cheers m8.

charlie

Well done Pavman

Can i ask what twist rate your T3 is , 1in8 at a guess ? nice to see a wildcat predator 8 sitting on the end :hmm:

Ps, i no what you mean about getting home early i was back in last night for 8.15 with the same result as you :hmm:

Edited by magman

will hopefully be getting one over the next few weeks maybe a christmas prezzie lol. and just wanted your opinion.

given the choice of a another gun would you have a tikka again? have u had problems with it? and what scope do you have on the top.

cheers m8.

charlie

Well done Pavman

Can i ask what twist rate your T3 is , 1in8 at a guess ? nice to see a wildcat predator 8 sitting on the end :hmm:

Ps, i no what you mean about getting home early i was back in last night for 8.15 with the same result as you :hmm:

I love the Tikka and the synthetic stock, I got theT3 lite as I thought it may handle better from the high seat etc, it’s a 1-8 and I have had problems getting a round to suit it. I love a nice piece of wood but cant stand getting it wet or scratched.

I started with just Charlies then a while later farmer says I can trim some Muntjac out if you like so I wanted a round with enough stopping power for the bigger beasties but not the need to change rounds and effect my Zero, went through a painful process but the test results paper punching at various ranges up to 200 yards have transferred nicely to the field, sooner or later I can get out stalking and ensure the Hornady 60 Grain TAP drops the small deer with the same clinical efficiency.

Those cases are rather retro, Nickel-Plated. :hmm: They are obviously working, though. What sort of groups are you getting?

sorry yes not plated Axe has found the correct info, group wise see target 100 yards slight cross wind, made one click down after this 3 shot test, the S&B adjusts 1cm @ 100 meters i am now just about 1 inch high @ 100 yards and 1 inch groups

post-1500-1223552123.jpg

Edited by pavman

cheers m8.

charlie

Well done Pavman

Ps, i no what you mean about getting home early i was back in last night for 8.15 with the same result as you :lol:

I love the Tikka and the synthetic stock, I got theT3 lite as I thought it may handle better from the high seat etc, it’s a 1-8 and I have had problems getting a round to suit it. I love a nice piece of wood but cant stand getting it wet or scratched.

Thanks the only reason i asked was i have the same gun only in s/s and the compact predator 8 mod .

The only advice i could give you would be to home load ,saves a fortune + better accuracy :hmm:

If you decide to homeload at some time drop me a pm and i will give you some load data :good: