urban fox

sapper063

right you experts what is the best times ie 6-10pm 10-2am 2am-7am to find foxes out and do they have set times and patterns of hunting read a lot about it but want the hunters opinion my set up is a 22lr cz mounted with an mtc mamba 4-16x50 scope with an add on cobra merlin with a 100mw ir laser spent 6 hours at a house no show and yes this is an urban fox thanks for reading this phil

Are you going to be firing the rifle in a built up area?

i have an open fac ,

the local council are ok about it

and i informed police before i went and on my return for an (incident no what i was doing when i was doing it where i was so if shots where reported they would phone me before sending an arv)

the shot i will take is from an upstairs window at about 45 degrees into a lawn. ihave checked and everything i do is LEGAL otherwise i would not do it

and i have written owners permission

if i have done anything wrong please let me know

Edited by sapper063

Hi

not sure if I'll get shot down in flames for asking but.....

Are urban foxes fair game like their country cousins? I totally understand why they need to be controlled in the country environment as they predate on stock, cause problems and need to be sorted but is this the case with an urban fox? would they not predate on vermin (rats,mice,rabbits etc)

I live in a built up environment and will admit to being naive as far as charley is concerned

Im not saying it is wrong, just asking for a wiser opinion?

cheers

Bait with something smelly like fish, or failing that a tin of dog food or even a dead rabbit which has been split open and dragged around the garden to entice them in.

The other option of course is to save your beauty sleep and get a cage with a pressure plate and bait it, then shoot it once caught.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

pre bait the area for a few days let the fox get comfortable with this i would bait it near the end of the day and in the morning then he should be easy too nail but u must have in mind there may be more than 1 fox visiting so you need too do this for a few days this has been tried and tested good luck :yes: