FABARM EXIS HP CHOKES

kingo

LOOKING AROUND AT LOTS OF DIFFERENT O/U AND COME ACROSS THE FABARM AXIS SPORTER, I KNOW WERE I CAN GET A NEW ONE AT A CRACKING PRICE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD GUN, BUT I AM LOST WITH THEIR CHOKES THEY ARE NOT MARKED UP LIKE MOST, LINK HERE TO THERE CHOKES http://www.fabarm.com/graphic/exis-hp.jpg WHICH WOULD YOU USE FOR SPORTING ? NORMALLY MOST PEOPLE USE 1/2 AND 1/4 I BELIEVE.

ALSO ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF FABARMS?

EXCUSE THE CAPS BUT ITS STUCK ON AT THE MO AND WONT COME OFF!!!!

I would hazard a guess at them,

extreme 9/10 is full

long 7/10 is three quarter

Medium 5/10 is half

short 2/10 is quarter

the skeet is typically open.

I think this answers your question, but you have a compliment of standard chokes there more or less. the extreme long medium is with reference to the range you would shoot at.

Sorry if Im telling you to suck eggs here

Matt

Kingo I have an axis sporter and generally put about 500 shells a month through it .Tis the only gun I use now when on the clays and the browning doesn,t get used now ,I like it a lot the chokes are marked differently but as explained in an earlier post they are pretty well self explanatory ie medium = half and extreme = full etc .mine is a 30" and points nicely although only slightly heavier than the Browning actually feels quite a bit heavier ,looks nice ,built nice and a bit different .try and blag a go on one and see how you get on .

• 2 weeks later...

just dont loose the chokes though .... i have an stl which i aquired really cheap cos the owner had lost the original alu case and all chokes etc .... case stolen during theft ( ov gun was in cabinet ) ..... i ordered a full set of 8 ( as what it came with ) and cost me £350 !!!! from fabarm. ...... cant really complain still saved a fortune on the gun :D

£350!!!!!! **** me I got a set of 5 chokes with my axis and thought about getting another set so I could have the same chokes for skeet and dtl etc but I don,t think I,ll bother now :)

you can buy them seperate for about £60 each .... so i did save a bit buying a set but not a great deal ... they better be good or il be p....d if not ..

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...