I want a black Lab!

Nicky

I want a black lab for general gun dog work. Before i get one should i build a kennel and a run or keep it in the house? I heard it ruins a gun dog to keep them in the house. Any tips would be really helpfull. :rolleyes:

Its entirely up to you mate, many good gundogs have been kept in the house, many kept outside. Entirely your choice

I want a black lab for general gun dog work. Before i get one should i build a kennel and a run or keep it in the house? I heard it ruins a gun dog to keep them in the house. Any tips would be really helpfull. :rolleyes:

Nick,

I have recently purchased a trained lab, 6-7 weeks ago, and it has just been put into my newly constructed kennels and run.

He has howled for 15-20 minutes everynight since being put outside, much to the neighbours annoyance, but has now chilled out.

He has an heat light on low and sleeps off the ground.

It hasn't done him any harm mate.

Hope this helps.

LB

if you have the space for a kennel,put him in one.i keep my whippet outside he is fine ,what you have to mind is as lb says the dog may cry ,howl and bark for a while but will get used to being out side and mind you wont have to worry about

big muddy pawprints allover the place if hes outside

also before the whippet i had 2 black labs that lived outside for 13years and it

never did them any harm

cheers

the ferreter