Willow Farm Shooting Ground, Tenterden, kent

jonnyoftheboy

Guys.....

Not sure if this has been asked before, looked through old posts & haven't really seen much spoken about this one.

Have driven past this ground numerous times, & popped my head into car park once..... did not seem busy at all. Is it any good/worth a look? fairly basic?

Do they use a system such as claymate, or do I need to take someone to press the button for clays!!!:rolleyes:

it is not my most local, but I often do a trip where I go past... & thought I might detour off & have a wee shoot there when I do.

any thoughts/opinions greatfully received.

Haven't dropped in for a couple of years but they were friendly enough. It's like being on the set of 'Snatch' real ***** camp feel to it with shooters looking like extras from the film.

You have a trapper walk around with you which is good when they are quiet as you get good feelback should you miss a few.

Good Skeet set up though and you may see Mr Digweed there keeping his eye in :lol:

LB

Haven't dropped in for a couple of years but they were friendly enough. It's like being on the set of 'Snatch' real ***** camp feel to it with shooters looking like extras from the film.

You have a trapper walk around with you which is good when they are quiet as you get good feelback should you miss a few.

Good Skeet set up though and you may see Mr Digweed there keeping his eye in :lol:

LB

Its a good little set up but a bit pricey at 14 quid for 50 as the targets don't change much. I went to JJ's last week for the first time and thought it was a good ground and it was a bonus as it was quiet so no wating at the stands.

Regards

I shoot there sometimes in a small social group midweek and it has a relaxed atmosphere, with a reasonable sporting layout.

The skeet is good and they occasionally have trap.

There are no frills and every layout is push button, but you do get a "trapper" , who can give good advice if required.

As LB says, you might be surprised who you see there. :lol:

I think its better than Martin Gorse, Dover, JJ's at Dartford and Mid Kent at Maidstone, but not as good as Greenfields, Canterbury, or West Kent, Paddock Wood.

Um...........Willow Farm.

First place i shot, and still go regularly( 'cause it's near where I work)

Potentially a really good place, but the owners don't give a $%^&.Often they close early or don't even open ! Sundays is usually busy

Yes £14 for 50 sporting is not cheap.The place looks tired.Skeet is fine at £6 a round.However it's a while since the traps were hooped and often you can shoot the pairs with one shot (naughty).

For me, I'm a member at Dover CPC and sometimes go to Martin Gorse which is far better value ( and you can get food/drink).

You can shooy plastic wad, which you can't at Martin Gorse.

And yes, someone traps for you.Which if you get he rigt person is good coaching.If not, they just take teh p&*s.

Give it a go , and report back

Roberto

afternoon gents....

popped down to willow farm this morning/lunchtime to check it out.

Yep, rough & ready.... but very friendly.

a couple of cars were leaving as I turned up, & a couple more rolled in as I was finishing.

As having only received my SGC monday, I have only either shot as a lesson at Meadowhead...... or 1 visit to JJ's where I was taken round & used a club gun....... was my 1st time shooting on my own with my own (recently purchased.... like yesterday!) gun.

was absolutely ****..... couldn't hit a thing!!! :good:

there were a fair amount of crosser targets..... not exactly my favourite (as I am sure most feel)

oh well... practice makes perfect I suppose!

may try west kent on friday this week or Tuesday next week....... does anybody know what sort of times or days are quieter at west kent?