Dog crates

tucker

I am soon to get my new springer pup and am not sure of what size crate to order.

30Lx21wx24h or 36Lx24wx28.5h.

Most companys and forums seem to say keep it as small as you can for your dog.

Some say 30" and others say 36"for springers, The rule is usualy :- the height of the dog + 4".

I have looked at a lot of springer sites and the only size they give is 20" and I think this is to the shoulder ( but not sure). If this is to the head the 30" would be ideal, if it is to the shoulder 30" is on the limit. Nobody gives the average length of a springer.

My lad has a 36" crate for his 1yr old lab and that has loads of room, that is much larger than a springer.

As you all know Springers come in all sizes, The parents of the pups are average so I am told ( have not seen them yet ).

Has anyone got a springer crated at the moment, and what size crate.

I am building a kennel outside eventualy but that is a long way off yet.

Any advice

Cheers :D

TUC

Biggest you can afford that will still fit into your motor. You never know, you might have to carry more than one mutt.

If you have some cash spare buy a Lintran...bombproof, washable, lockable; had mine nine years and still virtually unmarked even after Anna had eight pups in it!

Eug

what if you change motor though mate?