at liv'e done it

peter-peter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does'nt not look like a cartridge to me, but shooting a muzzle loader not sure I would recognise one. Small cylindrical jobs with shiny ends right? That blob looks like a round bowl shape with no brass in sight to me, so I would go with the shot, or maybe a space alien. Not an issue with black powder as can't see anything after the hammer falls anyway.

No way is that a clay, it too far to the right for the DTL trap in the picture to throw and too large too for a clay too. And it's not even a the blur you'd expect from a shot string, it's fairly solid, i.e. not moving too fast for a camera shutter speed to capture. It's just an empty shell IMHO. Either that or **** on the lends. :blink:

Its a spent case that is the black blob to the right of the barrel, and the smoke is blowing to the left.

If what is a spent case was the shot string then the gun barrel would have moved to the left and the smoke trail would be to the right of the barrel.

There is no shot string that I can see in that photo......

Its a spent case that is the black blob to the right of the barrel, and the smoke is blowing to the left.

I wonder if we're all arguing about different things.

I'd presumed that was a hedge above the trap house, but is that the shot string?

I initially thought it was the more solid black blob at the right of the picture he was talking

about.

Nial.

I think what we are looking at is either a spent case or the plastic wadding thingymagig.

there is no way that shooting DTL that the shotgun would be at sutch an angle from the so called shot ball, if you had said it was a crossing bird i think there would be some doubt, as it is i would say that no way is it a shot ball