at liv'e done it

peter-peter

just wasted 5 minutes.

going for a bath :blink:

Why, did you loose the soap :):good:

Markio, top work.

Did the clay come out of that trap, if so it's all a bit beyond my simplistic means as the clay would surely have been going in the general direction of the hedge.....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have downloaded the picture and exploded the shell / shot string inconclusive :blink:

what worries me is, if the dark object is the what we are supposed to be looking at and remember this is DTL then the bird would've been at a very extreme angle and the gun would've been pointing across the next station

but then a two dimensional image could make things appear all to cock

i am confused, but then i am easily confused

Come on Peter, i do not think anyone has slated you, just maybe disagreed, why not come back and tell us exactly where you think the shot ball is, we are all thinking that its just to the right of the shed, if its somewhere else please tell us we would all love to know.

Just one more thing have you put up the correct picture, if you have been trying to capture the shot in flight for some time maybe you picked the wrong picture by mistake.

so come on peter, take a deep breath swallow either your pride or embarresment and rejoin us, go on you know it makes sence. :good::good::yes::yes:

Edited by peck

My father, (suspended from PW) has studied the pic.

Conclusion: Shot does not come from the ejection port of an auto! The puff of smoke from the muzzle, indicates that the spent shell (visible to the right) has been ejected, and, being as the shot would have been at least three feet down-range before the bolt was even unlocked, the ejecta (shot/wad) would be 'invisible' to anything but a FastAx camera at 4000 frames per second. Only 'spark photos' would see the wad/shot clearly.

Edited: addition of 'would'

Edited by breadster50

My father, (suspended from PW) has studied the pic.

Conclusion: Shot does not come from the ejection port of an auto. The puff of smoke from the muzzle, indicates that the spent shell (visible to the right) has been ejected, and, being as the shot would have been at least three feet down-range before the bolt was even unlocked, the ejecta (shot/wad) would be 'invisible' to anything but a FastAx camera at 4000 frames per second. Only 'spark photos' would see the wad/shot clearly.

Edited: addition of 'would'

See! :good: and he's a suspender so it must be true. :good:

"**** me, you're right" says DustyFox, "it's a Hockey Puck".

I dont know what it is, but came up with these:

1) A spent cartridge with the brass head on the left of the object.

2) the shot is still in the casing that holds the shot for a little while.

Probably 1 gets my vote

PP looks like you still have to find that perfect picture

DF

Well I may as well add fuel to this dummy spitting thread but that ain't no shot string.

The gun is pointing in the wrong direction and that black blob in the photo is a case. In the time it takes for the bolt to open and the case to eject the shot string would be several feet long.

If PP was shooting DTL as he points out then where is the clay in relation to the shot? The clay only leaves the trap in one of three trajectories so it should be visible.