DPMs - Unwanted Attention

PTaylor2k4

hi taylor,

depending on what sort of terain your going to be yomping thru (or over) if your worried about what people might think. It may be worth your while investing in a mesh suit (£45 ish new) rolls up and sticks it in ya pocket camo all gone :lol:

the good thing about the mesh suits, can wear what ever you choose under it, water proofs, jeans or even a suit!

but dont even think about yomping thru brambles with them! tears them to shreds :D

then again the DPM i use in this weather i wear a pair of old jeans under it anyway, rember layers keep you nice and toasty at this time of year :lol:

but if you do meet with any critisism whilst carrying your rifle in public always smile and be polite and if asked why do you shoot animals just say you are sorting a problem a farmer/land owner has with rats in the outbuildings. you would be suprised how many people dont like rats LOL (just dont say the rats hop and have fluffy tails or wings PML)

all the best

ROB :P

I cycled two and a half miles in realtree once with an air rifle in its case on my back. What are the legalities of that? A cop car went past but never said anything

Perfectly legit Millomite!

Legit maybe, but speaking as someone who spent a month in hospital, weeks in a wheelchair and then crutches, and years of pain after a taxi-driver 'didn't see me', I wonder if it's advisable to wear cammo on a bike?

The coppers may not have seen you come to think of it,

"ere, sarge, look, there's a pushbike pedalling itself down the road" :lol:

Some times it does not make to much differance what you are wearing. a few years back me and my M8 were cycling from Dunnit head to the border near Berwick upon tweed (length of scotland). It was a charity thing 350 miles in 3 days. I was leading going past pitlochry on the A9. I was wearing a Yellow lummie jumper and a woman joining the road from the western side of the road to go south on the A9 pulled out on me. I was cycling on the left hand side of the road edge marking line because the tar was smoother and thus the coefficient of friction reduced. She managed to come right over the line and side swipe me with the rear quarter of her vehicle. I went threw the back window and sufferd minor arterial bleading. Fortunately I was carrying a full first aid kit including tournakee and my m8 is battlefield first aid trained so he patched me up in no time and I carried on.

Initialy I thought it was a joy rider or some wide boy kid, it was so blatent they just pulled out and took me off of the bike. I went to the drivers door of the car ready to rip the driver out threw the window and kick the lining out of them, I had not at that stage even noticed the bleading. I turned out to be a woman of between 50 and 60 who on a bright summers day just did not see me in the lummie kit. Her words were I cant beleive I didn't see you. I promptly passed out with shock.