Springer pup attacked!!!!!!!!

coptleigh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people want to ban staffy's ,granted there are some staffy's out there that are pure mean,then agian there NOT all staffys .all this its a fighting dog winds me up.I had a Ridgeabck when I was young and everyone said what a lovely dog and great temprement , but these dogs were used to hunt lions in Africa and keep them contained until the hunter came and shot the lion ,I dont hear anyone saying lets ban ridgebacks.

At the time the dangerous dogs act was inforced the dog that caused more people to seek medical attention was the German Shepard , but they are not on the list , ( this is not a dig at German Shepard so dont bother ) and perhaps Staffy lovers are not on this thread because there is already another one running attaking this breed already. All responsable dog owners will feel for Bramble and his owner , and as he has said, thankfully his dog is on the mend and hopfully the police will be able to arrest the owner and seize his dog. Ive owned Staffys in the past, as i have said , i also have lurchers and when my Beddy cross was little, a golden retriever attacked her but i dont slag them off . If Staffys are not a dog you want to own then dont have one !!!!! Someone will always be ready to slag the Stafford off and someone will always defend them, this can and will go on and on, good luck to both sides of the camp because neither are wrong and thats the point of a forum , two sides to each point.

At the time the dangerous dogs act was inforced the dog that caused more people to seek medical attention was the German Shepard , but they are not on the list , ( this is not a dig at German Shepard so dont bother ) and perhaps Staffy lovers are not on this thread because there is already another one running attaking this breed already. All responsable dog owners will feel for Bramble and his owner , and as he has said, thankfully his dog is on the mend and hopfully the police will be able to arrest the owner and seize his dog. Ive owned Staffys in the past, as i have said , i also have lurchers and when my Beddy cross was little, a golden retriever attacked her but i dont slag them off . If Staffys are not a dog you want to own then dont have one !!!!! Someone will always be ready to slag the Stafford off and someone will always defend them, this can and will go on and on, good luck to both sides of the camp because neither are wrong and thats the point of a forum , two sides to each point.

Well said :good:

Sorry to say, but I think that staffies and the such like should be banned.

Plain and simple. There are probably a few nice ones out there, but no chance would I let one anywhere near my kids, in my house or near my dog.

My dog's had a fair number of labradors have a go at him, but we've met loads of staffies and not one has so much as growled at him.

sorry to hear about your dog and fully agree that if the owner knew his dog was aggressive then it should have been under control, i have a staff and he his the most loving and gentle dog i have known around people and dogs that he knows. all responsible bull breed owners know that they can be dog aggressive and because of their power if they did get into a fight then likely hood of serious injury is high. my dog is always on a lead when there are other dogs around. i would like to add that within the last 6 months my dog has been attacked twice , 1st time by a border , my dog was on a lead and the border came from behind it's owner and latched onto my dogs face , the owner just laughed and found it funny that her dog would try it on with mine. 2nd time while in a motorway service sation car park again my dog on lead he was just sitting by me waiting for his share of the sandwich ! when a car pulls up , woman opens boot and out jump two labs who charge across car park and nail my dog from behind , he never even saw them coming ! after a few well aimed kicks the labs finally gave in and went back to the owner . my dog was bitten and scratched all over his head and chest . the owner did say sorry but still did,nt put the dogs on leads !

not all staff owners are chavs and general low lifes , it's just that they are the ones you tend to see hanging around on street corners or walking through town ! and yes i do have a skinhead and tattos and i think i might have a berghaus jacket tucked away somewhere so does that make me a chav ? oh and i also have a lurcher, 5 ferrets and two horses and live on a farm so i guess i must be a rural mature chav !

So so sorry to hear this......Best Wishes to Bramble for a speedy recovery and that the experience does not inhibit too much the pup's growing up! :lol:

I'm sorry but this had to be said...why the hell have people got dogs like the one you describe from the attack, and like so many others we see on a daily basis! What is wrong with people!

There is a guy near us who has a vile dog, it's a yellow labrador and it wants to kill everything it meets, he says "ooh I'd better out him on a lead cos he's not good with other dogs" reality is he'd probably maime to death a young pup, but to my knowledge he's been reported several times, but nothing is ever done!

We immediately put Bryn on a lead out walking if another dog comes near, and as a Pup, I picked him up until I got right close to the oncoming dog so as to know what it's temperament was like before deciding whether to put him back on the floor or not!

Really really hope Bramble will be ok... :good::D

i'm horrified reading this thread, i'm glad to see the little chap is doing well it could easily have been your wife or child walking your spaniel what would have happened then, would the chav **** hole have ran to their aid or stood and laughed.

There are several staffs where i walk my dogs and all their owners know that if their dogs attack or even get to close to my labs then there will be hell to pay, I always carry a large walking stick and have beaten a couple in the past and have no qualms in doing so, if i was out shooting and one of these horrible dogs attacked mine i wouldnt hesitate to end its days there and then, they were bred solely for biting and in this day and age there is no need for members of the public to own animals like this or several other breeds and the sooner the dangerous dogs act is amended to include staffs and x's etc the better.

rant over now

mikee

I will say though that it isn't just staffies and the like that are a problem. My springer was attacked recently by an Irish Wolf hound.

The dog was on a lead (my spaniel wasn't) and the IWH bolted and the owner let go of the lead. Merlin got a bite on his nose before I got 2 good kicks in on the IWH head and then one to the chest. The next stage was going to be hang it with it's own lead as the owner was keeping his distance.

I think he got the message, even he could understand lots of 4 letter words.

appologies for hijacking the post but my mother and our 2 cockers were attacked by a lab an hour ago. it wasnt an aggressive attack but hurt the dogs and my mother. it jumped up and mouthed all round her chest and face and shes just a tiny wee thing. it even managed to push her infront of traffic...all the owner said was we are only back from work and she doesnt normally do this! :good:

A springer down the road to me also got attacked today. The woman was out walking it on a lead down the road. There were 2 blokes with 2 dogs she thought they were pitbull cross breads but she was not sure.

Anyway the 2 dogs were not on a lead and started circling the woman snarling. She called to the two men to get them on a lead away from her and they just told her to **** off we gotta walk them somewhere.

The two dogs attacked her and her springer both of them needed stitches, two people driving past stopped to help and got the dogs off and the 2 men ran off with the dogs!!!!

The police said there had been another incident similar recently possible the same dogs and they would keep a look out.

It is a real shame when you are out minding your own business and something like this happens. I just cant believe the attitude of the 2 blokes with the dangerous dogs and what makes it even worse is they will probably get away with it! :good:

might open a can of worms by saying this, but.... :lol:

everyone needs to keep their dogs on a lead and under control when they have them out walking in public. doesnt matter if its a jack russell or a mastiff. :)

first im going to say i have full sympathy for anyone who's dog has been attacked, if one of my dogs was injured like that, mr mossberg or mr benelli would probably be on the scene in a heart beat. but some of the replies here have got my blood up a bit. :good:

i have two rottweilers at the moment, but myself and my family have had a range of dogs (bred most of them, also some of the family have judged at crufts), the breeds include pekingese, miniature german schnauzers, irish terriers, labradors, springers, corgis, pyrranese mountain dogs and more, so im not a thick headed rottweiler owning "thug" or chav as some people might try to say. it was actually my ex who wanted a rottweiler, i just fell in love with the breed once i got her one. ;)

now dont get me wrong, theres plenty of idiots out there with dogs that can be "dangerous" in certain situations (hate that term as its the owners that are the danger, not the dog), meaning the dogs are strong/powerful, in fact last time i had a litter of rottie pups i gave half of them away for free to people i knew were sensible, some of the idiots that came looking to buy one of my dogs.... well lets just say i wouldnt trust them with a teddy bear :)

BUT ive been involved in a couple of situations with irresponsible owners in my local forest park. some people think their little springer or lab wouldnt harm a fly and doesnt need to be kept on a lead. ********. my dogs have been attacked 3 times by other dogs not kept under control; admittedly being rottweilers they have come out of every attack on top and without a mark, but that doesnt mean it should be allowed to happen. would you accept having a gun stuck in your face as long as you werent shot?? i doubt it. :sad1:

anyway, now as soon as i see another dog thats not on a lead i come to a dead stop and hold my dog close - and this WILL annoy some people, but there is NO way am i going to turn him away so some mongrel can hit him from behind. if your dog isnt under control and attacks mine it deserves its neck snapped, and i make no apologies for that. most people react with outrage at the fact that i have a rottweiler, and as such it has inconvenienced them by having to put their dog on a lead so that it doesnt charge at my dog and be on the receving end of 9 stones worth of doggy self defence. at the start i used to try and talk sense to these people, explain that my dogs were under control, fully licenced, microchipped, insured, and that they were in the wrong, not me. but after the 20th time i got a verbal bashing i decided id had enough, now i just say sweetly to people "would you like to put your dog on a lead or do you intend to save me the hassle of having to feed arnie today??" :huh:

not good for my image probably, but im sick of RESPONSIBLE owners like myself being lumped with the idiots - it feels the same as when us RESPONSIBLE shooters are lumped together with those gun toting hoodie gangs.

so as i said before, theres no such thing as a dangerous dog, only stupid and irresponsible owners. :lol: