How to mount cabinet in Modern house with Plasterboard walls

jweaver

Hi All,

I went ahead and did it.. In the end, I simply removed the skirting inside my fitted wardrobe, pushed the cab to the wall, marked out a rectangle and cut out the plasterboard.

I then was able to secure it directly to the block wall using 'resin' and M10 threaded bar and, then made good around it using decorators filler. Its very secure and it looks nice.. The only problem is that the 'blocks' are actually thermolite, so VERY soft.. But with the resin fixings, I was able to do the nuts up REALLY tight and there is no sign of it moving.

I hope that FAO is happy with it, as if he isn't I have made a right mess of the house (fortunatly, in a place you can't see).. I can't see him having a problem.. Its secured to a block wall using 6 x M10 bolts.. Its inside a fitted wardrobe, so completely out of sight.. I can't see I can do any more.

My inspection is tomorrow, so fingers crossed...

Thanks for all your help.... I just hope that I have done enough!

Jon

As long as its out of sight and when your FEO gives it a good tug it doesn't come off the wall, you should be fine :good:

Gwent police are truely amazing.. As I said above, they came on Tuesday, did the interview and told me to expect the license NEXT week.. To my surprise, it arrived today some 2 days later.

They really are quick :good:

Have a week of works next week, so guess what I will be doing??

• 11 years later...