Intelligent Women

Jess

Hey,

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this, but theres been a lot on TV recently about how men tend to marry women who are less intelligent than themselves... I saw it on Richard and Judy and Big Brother, which, if their theory is correct means that i should probably have no trouble finding someone to marry! :lol: lol

Anyway, i was wondering, considering the majority of members are male, what you all thought about this? Do most men marry women who are less intelligent than them and if so, why?

I know i tend to prefer men who are more intelligent than me. I find the ones that are less intelligent boring and I quickly have to upgrade to a smarter model :lol: lol. So, any opinions/ideas in here? :lol:

Jess

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Girlfriend is of a very similar intelligence level to myself, same grades, same uni, but different courses. She tends to read more than myself, Im more of a playstation guy.

It often occurs that thick women are often the good looking ones, well tarts in most cases though

i can see where your coming from Jess... :lol:

the missus is proberly less intelligent than me.. in almost everyway... :lol:

but she can cook, so i'm not worried about the future :lol:

it all depends on what you mean by Intelligence Jess...

i being read alot about War's and people involved in War's would know alot more about the subject of 'War' than you proberly would.. and then if you were on about Parrot's i wouldnt have a clue..

or do you mean general intelligance?

Aled

Y'know, i was expecting a load of cheeky comments, but im impressed by you all behaving yourselves!! :lol:

Aled - I think it mainly means academically. It was talking about women with degrees, good careers etc not being married by their 50's and stuff like that. But i guess it can also be general intelligence. I find a lot of men who if you look at how they did in school or university, you'd think they were really intelligent, then they open their mouth and a load of nonsense comes out!! :lol:

I hope your GF doesn't read this btw Aled!!! Poor Girl!!!

And what does cooking have to do with intelligence? I can cook (very well too! :o ) but that doesn't make me particularly intelligent, does it? :lol: But parrots... yeah, i could tell you lots about those... :lol:

the missus is proberly less intelligent than me.. in almost everyway... :lol

would know alot more about the subject of 'War' than you proberly would..

:lol: Can she spell "probably" though Aled? :lol:

"probably" :lol::lol::lol: :o :P

my good lady has to be the smart one ,,look who she lives with :lol:

always thought of Intelligent women as an Oxymoron, a little like "Jumbo Shrimp" or "Buffalo Wings" , that will earn me a few lonely nights now :lol:

Martin

now i can spell better.

Aled

:lol: Do you want me to dig out the post you made saying how you were good at spelling Aled?

There is a very good old saying that says "if you don't want to get shot, don't stick your head above the parapet" and you would do well to remember it Aled.

One thing is for sure and that is the ability to spell is no test of inteligence!!

It is a test of memory

Inteligence involves problem solving of some sort.

Dave

Anyone who pretended to claim to be intelligent would ensure they could spell the basic words of the English language if they expected to be taken seriously.

Is spelling a sign of intelligence?

Not necessarilly but it goes a hell of a way in making people think you are.

A person who can't spell the basic words such as off and too and all the others we see daily in here isn't even taken seriously let alone considered intelligent.

An example would be Stephen Hawkins, if you had no idea who he was and had a conversation with him you would probably think he was a bit backwards. This is the same with people who are Dyslexic they just have dificulty expressing themselves in the writen word. This has no affect on the ability of their brain to process information.

Steven Hawkins holds the same position at Oxford that Sir Isac Newton Held after all.

Dave