Movie gaffs....

oddbob

The thread on Ultimate Force got me thinking, what gaffs have been spotted in films involving guns?

I've seen two or three over xmas, such as in the Rookie, where Denzel Washington gets shot in the butt cheek, but is OK to drive a car afterwards, or in Assasins the other night, where Antonio takes a sighting shot at a peach impailed on the gates outside the bank, and the peach stops the bullet from hitting the gate spike or the path behind it! :lol:

yes i have seen this many times...

i saw a few films over christmas (Aliens 2 being one) where they are firing at stuff for about 3-5mins straight and they still have half a magazine left..

if anyone has seen the film THE CROW with Brandon Lee(son of Bruce Lee) in he does actually die when he jumps onto the table near the end.. there was a stone or something in the end of the barrel.. and the pressure from the blanks made it fire towards him and rip through his chest :lol::lol:

can't think of any others.. Clint Eastwood films are usually good because of the 5shot mag rules etc.. :lol:

Aled

Not on the shooting theme but:

1. In Gladiator, just after the opening battle with the Germans, Maximus is in camp stroking his horse. Under the horses neck, you can see a man wearing denim jeans with a tool belt on.

2.Same film, When a chariot flips over in the colluseum, you can see the calor gas bottle and the explosive used to flip over the chariot.

3. When Maximus finally fights the emporer to the death, you can clearly see the dagger blade bend over at 90 degrees. Rubber can't kill can it? :lol::lol::lol:

recognised it aswell.. one of the funniest ones is when they are doing a film over 300years ago and you can see a plane flying in the sky :lol::lol::lol:

or the smoke coming off it :lol: :o

i've seen a car in one film that was based for over 400years ago :P

i know in the film 'The Village' they forced all planes to stop flying over.. if you see the film you'll understand why.. and i think in more and more films they are stopping air traffic. :lol:

Aled

Tis a well known fact that like in f1 to normal car driving the Hollywood guns are bigger faster shoot more acuratley when held sideways on. Magazines only run out when the baddie is right in front of you.

Uzi's are only acurate if used in pairs with the wrists crossed. :D

Hiding behind anything on a car, ie seat or door is enuf protection for most firearms. Except it one of the leathal weapon films where using the copper jacketed rounds you can kill people thru the bucket of a JCB, ut can pick up grenades in the bucket and they wont hurt you.

Yes I did notice on the last bit of UF that most of the shots stopped in the seat backs and didnt kill any passengers, and the plane windows and walls were not perforated with bullets. At least you saw ross kemp do the same as what the americans when he "made sure" they were "dead" :sly:

On a serious note here though, it goes to show the ignorance of the public to firearms in general, probably through just the sort of stuff we have spotted in films.

But, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I can't take anything seriously for long, what about that crosbow in From Dusk Till Dawn? It had a seemingly endless supply of bolts, though only 6 were in view, and the draw weight was so low that a skinny teenage girl could cock it like a pump action 22rf :D:sly:

And in just about any cowboy film, a table in a saloon bar will protect you from bullets when the shooting starts :lol::lol:

And lets not even mention The A Team...................which I'm sure Ultimate Force is based on.

A few guys from my line of trade work for the film industry for a living advising on fire arms and training the actors as well as repairing the shooters when they pack in. I beleive the directors dont always make the most of the advice of these people. and in some cases they dont have fire arms experts atall so thats why they make such gaffs!!

Dave