Aled and Jess

Vulcha

Totaly agree with "this site is for pigeon shooting" BUT

I use a car site alot and there are thousands of members using it.

In general the posts are related to cars but there are sections like "General Banter" that people share jokes, what they got up to at the weekend and such likes.

I think as long as the "Banter" is kept in the "Banter" section i don't see the problem.

What does banter stand for anyway :D:sly:

Not sure what the real meaning of the word Banter is, so I started to do a search on Google, and accidentally came across a Veggie forum, something about dealing with sexual banter at work. Didn't read it but it did remind me of one I had read a while ago on a veggie site, about deer stalking. Some of the comments and opinions were so totally clueless about the way deer live and how they are stalked and shot etc.

But there was this one post which did sound like they knew what they were talking about, so I kept reading. Despite being 'slagged off' for his views, he kept posting, and more people started posting similar comments, it soon became obvious that he was a deerstalker, and other shooters were joining in. One or two of the veggie members started to see his point of view, even if they were not going to have a joint of venison.

The point was, even though it was a veggie forum, and these people were not veggies, they were not banned.

It was also good to know that someone is keeping an eye on our enemies.........

Banter looked up in the dictionary

Banter

1. playful good-humoured teasing.

2. tease, make fun of; exchange banter.

Well i think that just sums it up, (you smelly little man that can't shoot :sly: (banter))

Edited: Doh! ernyha is reading this post :*) :D

2nd Edit: Phew!!! he's gone now :lol:

I'm sure like me there are a lot of people on this forum who don't just shoot pigeons, does this mean we should be banned for talking about lamping or shooting woodcock? :D

I have to admit that Jess didn't contribute much apart from being a girl for you lads to wind up, but I thought banning Aled is a bit harsh.

Ok fair enough ern, but just because other country and shooting sports have more going on at the moment it shouldn't stop members from posting about topics other than pigeon shooting as long as it's relevent.

Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir.

I'm sure like me there are a lot of people on this forum who don't just shoot pigeons, does this mean we should be banned for talking about lamping or shooting woodcock? :D

Ollie see my post from this morning at 11.21am

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...topic=7198&st=0

I can see the reasoning to some of the arguments there, some threads do drift off on a wild tangent, but that's life, and a new thread on a similar subject soon pops up. Some of these frays (when a thread starts to unravel?) can become interesting in themselves. But some of the arguments that you directed us to gave the impression that some people want to talk about pigeon shooting and nothing else.

Oh, how those winter evenings must just fly by :sly:

But just looking at the home page, is there a pigeon only section?

I see one called Airgunners, but it does not say no entry unless you shoot pigeons on it.

I don't mean to take the Mick here, it is an observation, and anyone typing 'shooting' into Google to find a forum to discuss shooting related topics will be lead to this site, and will probably re-visit it if they are interested in airguns.

Personally, I would normally associate pigeon shooting with shotguns, and would welcome the chance to learn more about them, and was surprised to find so much about airguns.

I hope while I have been posting on this site, I have been able to give some of the younger contributors some helpful advice on airguns, a hobby I have been involved with for longer than some of them have been alive.

But if it is going to become another Elitist institution, then I don't want to be part of it, our sport has had too many of these in the past and does not need another.

I as well as i guess many others, have noticed that the decoying topics have started to spring up again in the last week or so and probably wont be a huge amount of posting on the topic of decoying until the spring drilling starts. If we didnt talk about topics such as lamping, stalking, gameshooting etc the forum would be nearly dead throughout the winter.

Thats my opinion anyway,

Mike