hunting

henry d

Just been reading about the "hunting ban"(english version)and apparently from 18th feb you won`t be able to....hunt injured animals with more than two dogs ie.picking up......flush a wild animal out of cover with more than two dogs ie.beating.The other anomolies are....it is illegal not to shoot a stalked or flushed animal as soon as possible.....so if you miss are you carted off by the local bobby?will you have to stand nearer the flushing point in case the time between flushing and shooting is not soon enough(in that case do you give beaters a gun each so any birds that go back can be shot by them?--I`m for that one!)And the best of the bunch is you can(?)hunt a wild mammal to chase it away from crops or animals .....this would seem to invalidate the hunting ban at a stroke.Anyway all of these and more are covered in the latest sporting shooter and the S.T.have a look and see if you can spot the most ridiculous part of the "ban".P.S. if your stuck for hunting just nip up to Scotland `bout feb-march cos we`ll be at it,and legally too :D

However the CA are not complacent are puting in place plans for a possible evetual ban so that with clever use of the law they can still carry on their sport.

For instance if they take an Eagle out with them they can use the full pack and horses so long as the eagle pegs the fox. If the dogs get the fox this is not a problem because it was not the hunters intent to take the fox with the dogs :sly::D

Dave

It was explained by a Solicitor at a recent meeting of a Hunt I belong to, that the law still comes into force on 18th February 2005.

The Government have only decided not to enforce the law from that date.

Initially, it has said that it will wait for the legal challenges to be exhausted (which is why the 2-3 years delay is suggested).

But, it could change its mind on that decision at any time.

Like, later this year after a General Election.

But, the law hasn't gone away.

I also think that the element of the law related to Coursing, comes into effect immediately, but hopefully someone who knows for sure will comment.

I believe that most Hunts intend to hunt within the law and rely on a future Conservative Government repealing the law.

A very good point that Cranfield as there is a big difference between postponing the act and not enforcing it.

As we all know this is an attempt to make the issue go away during the election campaign and they could well implement the act straightway if they get re-elected.

A Conservative Government banned large calibre handguns and a Labour Government extended that ban to include .22 and lesser calibres, also muzzle loading pistols, replicas etc.

The Conservative Party have already indicated that they would overturn this law, if elected to Government.

I believe the longer the ban is law, the more difficult it will be for it to be repealed.

cranfield i know what you are saying mate , but can we trust any of the lying ****.

Markbivvy

***** :D:sly::lol:

Get off the fence and say what you think! :lol:

The Conservative Party have expressly stated that they would repeal the Act, and currently James Gray MP is roadshowing the UK with this mantra.

If you want a small "c" conservative countryside, then Vote Big C next time round. The time has passed for asking questions "Is Michael Howard up to it etc.....?" The questions you should be asking are "Do we want our sport in two, three, ten years time? And do we really want Labour anymore?"

The Tories are not going to change the world, but they are going to restore the countryside. The future of the countryside is in the hands of the voters.

TB

A Conservative Government banned large calibre handguns and a Labour Government extended that ban to include .22 and lesser calibres, also muzzle loading pistols, replicas etc.

The Conservative Party have already indicated that they would overturn this law, if elected to Government.

I believe the longer the ban is law, the more difficult it will be for it to be repealed.

Cranfield , I was led to believe that muzzle loading black powder handguns were still allowed is this not the case .?

Im told that the English pistol shooting teams practice in France.

My understanding of the laws concerning the ownership of sidearms/handguns, The owning of a handgun is not ilegal ,storing at home is.

Thefore clubs would be marked for bad guys to shop at ,seeing that the only place to store is there , im guessing insurance companies had a say in it also.

Do you guys foresee any intent by the labour gov't to reduce the amount of long guns of larger calibre in the near future .

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: The first legal action on the hunting with dogs by the CA has been turned down by the courts.

Now going to the appeal courts but without much hope of success acording to the reports.

I believe there are more legal actions planned in the future though should the appeal be thrown out. :lol: