FAO Teal

apbuild

I cant say i'm surprised with alot of the established members leaving in droves, i've thought about it too. The simple fact is the site is getting swamped under too much off topic jibberish. We had somthing good going here, that was a core of well informed experianced people who were willing to help newcomers and have some fun along the way, now most of those people have either left or just dont post anymore, the reason being there is very little sensible here to post on and if you do try to post somthing sensible it just degenerates into trivial nonsence over a period of 24hrs. Its the old saying "empty vessels makes the most noise", now when somone new comes on and posts a genuine question the replys are either daft, nonsensicle or just plain wrong. That sensible person then quite rightly goes elsewhere for advice and the only ones that are encouraged to join are the people who like to micky take and post nonsence, its an ever decreasing circle. That is what we have and why alot of respected guys are leaving. There was a time when my nephew came round i could quite happily leave him to his own devices on this site as i knew everything on here was suitable for a yongster who is mad keen on shooting, I would not do it at present. Teal and ern do a top job here, what used to be i would imagine a fairly simple and stress free task seems to have now turned into a nightmare full time job with people questioning every descision and every answer they give. At the end of the day its Teals site and what he says goes, if people dont like it they can vote with their feet (the problem is the wrong people have put on their walking boots). To all who have left, i totally understand why and hope things might improve enough to see you all back soon :D

Neil,

Well said . I agree totally about not being able to let youngsters read this site, but to be fair in the past few days it appears to have cleaned up a lot.

In my humble opinion the site has lapsed into a chat room, with a plethora of photographs showing dead animals, a surfeit of text abbreviations and juvenile banter and not a lot of discussions about pigeon shooting.

But I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Did you know that at least 80 members have viewed this site today ? Only 13 have chosen to post on this important topic, so far. Only a few seem to be against a clean up of the site.

Does this mean that the other members are happy with the bannings etc ?. I, for one, have no problem with the clean up. It is long overdue.

Finally, I, also, would like to congratulate Teal and Ernyha for doing a top job.

White Fox,

I’m very surprised at the bans…. Come on guys it’s a free world and if they didn’t have any interest in the topic of pigeon shooting then they wouldn’t be so frequent visitors to the site would they.

WF, I admire your liberal approach but it doesn't sit easily with the risks that Teal and Ern run when they take responsibility for the site. They made this plain to all just recently. People who post advice that is counter to the law, or admit to law breaking, open up the possibility of the moderators being in the soup, not the poster; we may argue the justice of that, but that's how things stand.

Banning someone who repeatedly (as opposed to an inadvertant slip) makes these "illegal" posts does not seem unreasonable to me.

Personally I also find the name calling distasteful. I grew up in industrial Birmingham and started my working life in foundries and drop forges so I've heard it all (and used it). One aspect that strikes old timers like me is that the internet allows things to be said that people would not dare to use face to face; I don't find cowardice attractive.

As has been said this is Ern and Teals baby, so what they set as guidelines is OK by me.

I'm going to stick around, at least for a while. If anyone wants a bit of advice, friendly chat, loan of some kit, or even some banter, I'm yer man.

Regards

Eug

Seems a bit harsh to me banning Aled & Jess.

We've all done daft things as kids all fairly harmless

it was fun reading some of Aleds comments if it got long or daft I stopped reading the thread. Vim good photos bad attitude to some people

Like other people if the threads good I read if its not I skip it

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on here latley though

My 2p worth

Maybe all out shooting pigeons :D

Rgds Andrew

Those PW members who are maleficent and malevolent should not be tolerated. William knows the score and has them in his sights!

This website is absolutly brilliant, long may it continue in it's present format, for like-minded people with an interest in Columbidae and Corvidae plus all the threads of associated paraphernalia.

Cheers,

Jimmy.

:}

If the mod's feel they have to ban members then that's what they've got to do.

They could ban 50% of you and I would still visit everyday like I do now.

Theres some great guys on here with bags of good advice and stories. Also theres a tiny amount that I dont see eye to eye but I would'nt want them banned, but if they were...then like I mention above,....I'm still here until banned.

Which I'm not planning on happening Teal..Ern... :D

The PM

E.G....its Pigeon Master buy the way,and not White Fox you old fox.. :/

Hi, I am no great writer so have posted seldom only if something is of interest to me (Selfish old ***). I must admit to finding Aled a typical farm lad always putting the cart before the horse ect. But also stangely endearing. I am just glad Teal and Ern have the distastefull job of dealing with the unpleasant side of this little ensemble. Things are looking up on the pigeon front with quite a show of woodies flocking to feed. Thirty one with my grandson getting the lion's share on Sunday morning. Now officially a pensioner as I received a Winter heating payment from HMG. So to "All" a very belated Guid New Year.

Hi, I am no great writer so have posted seldom only if something is of interest to me (Selfish old ***). I must admit to finding Aled a typical farm lad always putting the cart before the horse ect. But also stangely endearing. I am just glad Teal and Ern have the distastefull job of dealing with the unpleasant side of this little ensemble. Things are looking up on the pigeon front with quite a show of woodies flocking to feed. Thirty one with my grandson getting the lion's share on Sunday morning. Now officially a pensioner as I received a Winter heating payment from HMG. So to "All" a very belated Guid New Year.

Velveteen,

That must be difficult watching you grandson shoot more than you. :D

LB :devil: