Black Gun Bag.

My new clothing:

Black G-Force Patrol Boots

Soldier 95 combat pants

Soldier 95 combat shirt

Soldier 95 Rip Stop Jacket

SAS style olive green balaclava

olive green gloves with pimple palms

Took the gun out to the field to zero it in and was aiming at at point on a fence post at first then when i had it ok i took it to a bit of grass lied down and aimed at a block of flat mud about 25m away, took aim dead centre of the mud that was about the size of half a house brick and slowly let the trigger off, hit it almost dead centre but was a bit to the right, did exactly the same with another pellet and hit the same hole! then the same happened with the third shot, 4th shot i moved a little so it hit to the right of the group and made a huge hole. Adjusted the scope by 4 clicks to the left and let another off and bam! dead centre! i was suprised with the accuracy of the gun because it wasnt expensive and accuracy usually improves after say 500 - 1000 shots aswell. And i love the synthetic stock! :sly:

I was using accupell with napier pellet lube. Im saving the AA field and premiers for when the accupells have been fired off :lol:

Hunting tomorrow i think, hitting the same pellet at 25m away after about 20 pellets isnt bad :D

Taylor

P.S. Does anyone know of a bi-pod that can fit on springers? Not the barrel clamp ones.

Sounds like you don't need a bipod anyway :lol:

Strange question, but what does it sound like with the plastic stock? I used to have an Air Arms Jackal, and it had a plastic stock which was a bit noisey when the gun fired as it was a hollow moulding.

And don't forget to put the balaclava on the right way round, or you won't hit a thing :D:sly:

lol i'll remember :sly:

it sounds quieter than my BSA lightning did, more of a light crack/thud than a springy noise. The stock is solid and it's better than i expected. Its not like a crosman 1077 plastic rubbish stock its realy solid and gives just the right feel. It took me ages to get the scope right so the crohairs were level with the gun.

I doubt a bi-pod would fit in my bag, i ordered a 45" and the gun is 42" and it JUST fits in the bag. I'm gona ring them up tomorrow and see if there gona send me a proper 45" bag because i'm thinking of fitting a silencer in the future so :D

Taylor

I have a 1077 :D

It was on the kitchen side tonight in bits, I was looking to see if I could modify a spare Ruger 1022 stock to fit, when this bloke came round to view my house (I'm selling it).

He was as bent as a nine-bob-bit, and not to be homophobic or anything, he looked at this pile of bits, and just said in the best Larry Grayson/Dale Winton voice, "oh dear, tut" :sly::lol::lol::lol:

As a rule springers prefer lighter pellets. Try the Accupells / premiers / Fields (JSB) first. Look here for a good mod for Gamo triggers. All the Gamos I've tried have certainly needed a better trigger.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread...&highlight=gamo

theres also a good tuning guide here for a Gamo

http://213.96.41.134/poyatisio/art1.htm

though it's in Spanish

sounds like your having fun with the new gun PT, as to the bi-pod porobably not a good idea on a springer, the gun will bounce away from your intended target ,similar to setting the gun on a solid fence post co2 pcp will hold still , no big moving parts hitting home (spring piston locking arm )

ive always found with my HW80 the recoil or action-shock is better taken up with your arm/hand ,basicaly you become the shock absorber.

good luck with the new toy :D

Martin

It sounds as though you are enjoying your new rifle so that’s all that matters.

As for fitting a bipod, well I would advise against this for the reasons already mentioned.

Just as a practical test try resting the fore-end on top of a fence post and see if the shot goes high. Then try shooting a group with it in the same position. :D

G.M.