sitting in the hide

shawn9914

hi all

as you must all be aware you can sometimes sit in the hide for long periods of time

i have tried to use a chair the fold up camping chair with the cup holders in the arms

i find this too low down to get up out of quickly and i am unable to shoot comfortably sitting down, i require a chair or something to sit on that i can get up quickly from to take the shot

WHAT DO YOU LOT USE :D

Cheers Shawn

Same here Kdubya , but got mine from an army+navy stores at £3.99 only got to use it twice so far , once with Fisherman Mike and the other week in Oxfordshire but was using it for around 8 hrs + 6 hrs and it was well comfortable .

This one at the bottom of the page

http://www.leisurefayre.com/websiteb/bwebs.../furniture1.htm

Shawn,

There is a company who sell a rucksack with a pigeon seat inside it. Its a 25 ltr drum with a removable lid. I keep my decoys in it. Its stored in the rucksack that takes all my carts, rotor, flapper and food.

It cost £30-00 odd and I think it came from a co. called decoying UK. But I am not entirely sure.

LB

barrie if you know any scaffolders (loud blokes usually) then ask for the plates that go under the upright tubes as they are perfect for stopping the legs on your seat from sinking.if you make a hole in the rubber or plastic on the bottom of the legs they fit inside,if not simply grind off the pin and job done.

Those little aluminium 3 legged jobs are hopeless; too short, legs sink, and they buckle and break.

The best bet is a home made effort, like a shooting stick, but a bit taller, with a nice comfy foam padded seat for your bum.

To shoot sitting down is (for me anyway) difficult, in the sense that I don't shoot well. Using a taller seat you can stand and shoot all in one smooth motion; none of this huffing and puffing and taking your eye off the bird.

Eug

if you can get some reinforcing bars and the plates i mentioned then drill through the plates,insert the bars about eight inches through them and weld=hide poles with kick plates.12mm bar is ideal as you can score it with a grinder in several places to take the hide net top and bottom.

i know that this was posted a few days ago but the metal bands that come on a pack of blocks/bricks cut into lengths between four(drillings) and twelve inches are great as decoy sticks and are easy to carry/store.two words of advice though,mind your eyes when you cut them and dont leave them in the field,the combine driver wont thank you when his metal detector goes off.trust me on that one !

What do you guys use to sit on when you're in the hide?

I'm new to pigeon shooting, in the process of joining NPPPC. I have most of the gear now including hide poles, netting, decoys, gun etc. but I thought that seeing as a lot of hours might be spent in the hide and a lot of them not shooting, it might be useful to get something to sit on. I was thinking of something that might be easy to carry and not too bulky.

A few years ago I bough a little plastic barrel for @ £5 from the Midland game fair.

It has a screw-on top which can be removed to put your nets and cartridges in. It fits just right into a German kit-bag, and with a round wooden seat covered in thick foam, makes a great seat.

G.M. :devil:

A few years ago I bough a little plastic barrel for @ £5 from the Midland game fair.

It has a screw-on top which can be removed to put your nets and cartridges in. It fits just right into a German kit-bag, and with a round wooden seat covered in thick foam, makes a great seat.

G.M. :devil:

Exactly what I have mate

Scott

At 6ft.3 and 17 1/2 stone, I used to also have the problem of finding fisrt of all a seat thats durable enough to take my weight, and provided me with enough leg room to be comfortable.

Now a days I use 2 empty bottle crates (retrieved from the pub)stacked and bound on top of each other, with a little old cushion on the top. Nice and strong, and just the right height!!

Paul in North Lincs.