Staffys

pierre

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me they will be as much use as a chocolate fireguard in the shooting field, but thats my opinion.

I just dont like the breed thats all, its not that its the dogs fault but the people who own them. My dog has been attacked by one and nearly attacked by another two all Staffies they were and have just had enough of it.

thats down to the owner then my dog is brilliant with other dogs and people unless he thinks that they are a threat to my family or him then they have to watch out

I wouldn't be proud of owning a dog that could not be trusted implicitly, and had the ability to inflict so much damage. Why should other people have to 'watch out'?

I've taken my oldest bitch, Magenta, beating with me. I wouldn't recommend the SBT as a gundog, but certain individuals will pick up on what is required from them. Magenta certainly did get the idea by the end of the day- she was nowhere as good as the spaniels, but she did flush a few birds.

But as for retrieving- I'd say forget it. Most terriers want to make sure anything in their mouth is good and dead before they carry it anywhere, which is a good idea if you're bred to kill rats, badgers and other terriers (historically speaking, folks!) that have a tendency to bite back. Not so very good if you're picking up pheasants.

Magenta:

post-5813-1227468787.jpg

In the kale- we had a few hens from here!

post-5813-1227468671.jpg

I wouldn't be proud of owning a dog that could not be trusted implicitly, and had the ability to inflict so much damage. Why should other people have to 'watch out'?

if you came toward me giving it large he would have you but you walk over calmly then you aint got a problem the dog is doing wot it would do in the wild he feals that he is protecting his pack (family) it is simply in a dogs nature to do this so yes i am proud to own a dog that would protect me or my girlfriend

she aint afraid to walk to a black alley with him as she know she is safe!!!

Edited by pierre

i have kept the irish big staff ? and found them to have a brill temperment .its the owner's not the dog 's fault for there aggression

I have to agree my nabour has a white staffy and hes soft as a brush he tried playing with my colly but buster (my colly) got fed up of him and snaped the staffy didnt have a clue what to do i have never seen abit of aggresion for the staffy

I took our jack Russell out last week (the spaniel has had pups) he retrieved two cock pheasants to hand, they were very much alive.

in the beating line he seems to think he is a pointer, as he points game, until told to push it.

now if I could only stop him running across roads?? he has no roadsense.

if you came toward me giving it large he would have you but you walk over calmly then you aint got a problem the dog is doing wot it would do in the wild he feals that he is protecting his pack (family) it is simply in a dogs nature to do this so yes i am proud to own a dog that would protect me or my girlfriend

And what if someone came towards you 'giving it large' when you don't have the dog with you...............but a loaded gun?

Pierre,

I may be wrong and I hope I am but I have a mental image of you walking your dog wearing your burburry cap, joggers, hoodie and white trainers.

I do hope your not one of the idiots who seem to think a staffie is a status symbol and everyone should be afaraid of you.

Cheers

Harry

thats down to the owner then my dog is brilliant with other dogs and people unless he thinks that they are a threat to my family or him then they have to watch out

dogs have a different understanding of threats than humans. If a kid walked over to him with a foam baseball bat, would it see the "comedy value" of the gesture?

just stop sending her down back alleys then :rolleyes:

Pierre,

I may be wrong and I hope I am but I have a mental image of you walking your dog wearing your burburry cap, joggers, hoodie and white trainers.

I do hope your not one of the idiots who seem to think a staffie is a status symbol and everyone should be afaraid of you.

Cheers

Harry

you should,nt judge a book by its cover ? not all staff owners are hoodie thug's

Pierre,

Cheers

Harry

I dont want to offend anyone but our sport suffers from judgmental & intorerant people wanting us to confirm to their percived ideas of wrong and right,

Its time we all realsised that different people like different things.

Its easy to comment or even critersise on a forum without attacking people

Harry you seam to infer Pierre's a macho fool who wants people to think hes hard..... at the same time you have a can of wupass as your sig, now you may have it for a differant reason but it gives the same impression, again you may be a great guy so i say this just to demonstrate how others may be intolatant towards you... which of course would be wrong

This topic was about a bloke wanting to hear thoughts on his dogs suitability to do a job, I dont think for one minute he expected to take **** of people for his trouble....... I like most others like a good strong debate, but lets not make it personal.

Ken

ps i cant spell it doesn't embarrass me so dont bother

I dont want to offend anyone but our sport suffers from judgmental & intorerant people wanting us to confirm to their percived ideas of wrong and right,

Its time we all realsised that different people like different things.

Its easy to comment or even critersise on a forum without attacking people

Harry you seam to infer Pierre's a macho fool who wants people to think hes hard..... at the same time you have a can of wupass as your sig, now you may have it for a differant reason but it gives the same impression, again you may be a great guy so i say this just to demonstrate how others may be intolatant towards you... which of course would be wrong

This topic was about a bloke wanting to hear thoughts on his dogs suitability to do a job, I dont think for one minute he expected to take **** of people for his trouble....... I like most others like a good strong debate, but lets not make it personal.

Ken

ps i cant spell it doesn't embarrass me so dont bother

Thank you my point exactly

i have kept the irish big staff ? and found them to have a brill temperment .its the owner's not the dog 's fault for there aggression

Absolutly 100% agree that it's all down to how any dog is bought up by it's owner :good:

Here's my little girl Candy, just turned 6 - as soft as they come :good:

post-5293-1227558061.jpg