Can any dog be a gun dog (within reason!)

V8landy

stop having a go at staffies! my little bitch is a perfect allrounder she retrieves as well as any lab (although is hard a little mouthed). flushes as controlled and hard as ess. covers great distance when asked to work independant like hpr's she sits on command AND STAYS when i go stalking and creeping around my permissions. oh and she's the best hide companian you could wish for. i'm not saying it was a cinch training her but she does all this and she hasn't reached one year old yet. never judge a book on someone elses review!!! happy shooting to all

I know someone who uses a Border Terrier as a gundog! Quite suprised with how large a bird it can hold in its mouth! ;)

I know foxes who use themselves as a gundog! Quite surprised how large a bird they can hold in their mouths! Barring an actual reynard, something bred to resemble it will have to suffice

0002.jpg

And if you try a labradoodle :yes: rest assured your wallet will be tried as well--and expensively tried without anything true (as in retrieving precedent) having preceded it.

MG

I think you want a labrador mate, there on your list and are fanastic dogs and fantastic gundogs ;) Easy to train and good family dogs. Just watch you dont over feed them, they can get over weight easily so you have to watch for this :yes: although there lovely dogs. When I decide to get a gundog and have the time to give a dog I will either be going for a lab or springer spaniel ???:hmm: