foxes

duncan

got up for work at 4 in the morning when my intruder light in the back garden came on and there he was, a big old fox, how can i get rid of it .I can`t shoot it as there are neighbours to the left and to the right .I have heared stories of dogs catching fox mange SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (libs @ Nov 25 2008, 08:23 PM)

I have seen them taken from 30 yards with a rapid running at 28ftlb!

The **** stupid enough to pull the trigger should be flogged.

FM

If you can place a pellet in the kill zone (back of neck or throat (for air anyway)) in a fox with even a 12ftlb rifle you will kill it dead by breaking its spinal cord. This is far quicker that a pop of AAA with a gappy pattern and poor placement.

If you wish to jump up and start spouting who should recive what punishments, then maybe you should be more worried about people suggesting fireing .22rimmy into their gardens. We ALL know land has to be passed, and even if you have an open ticket, shooting into a garden is not a great idea, esspcially with .22, which does like to bounce.

If you can place a pellet in the kill zone (back of neck or throat (for air anyway)) in a fox with even a 12ftlb rifle you will kill it dead by breaking its spinal cord.

if if if if.

if me granny had testicles she would be mr grand dad.

stupid and idiotic.

Edited by markbivvy

Im only going on what i was told by someone who shoots FOR A LIVING, and has done so for more years than most, if you dont belive it, fine by me. I have seen it, droped where it stood. I have seen a fox get 2 barrells of BB and run off. We could argue all day.

Im only going on what i was told by someone who shoots FOR A LIVING, and has done so for more years than most, if you dont belive it, fine by me. I have seen it, droped where it stood. I have seen a fox get 2 barrells of BB and run off. We could argue all day.

i have been told of a man that killed a big red stag with a 22 rimmie, but i dont think we should all try it.

it might work once , but how many times will it go wrong.

vermin they may be, more respect they should have.

Don't use an air rifle on foxes. I have many opinions on what I think of that but I'm going to keep them to myself for now, just don't do it.

Cage traps, from what I'm led to believe, work best the bigger they are. The fox will feel safer entering a larger space than a confined one. For example a hen house. Bit of hanging bait could draw him in, all you need to figure out really is the door mechanism, has to be reliable and strong.

As for dispatch once trapped, I'd go for silenced .22lr point blank range to the brain.

Regards to your Grandad Mr Bivvy :yp:

vermin they may be, more respect they should have.

OK Yoda, i see your point. We all shoot within our capabilities? most of the time. If the gentleman asking about fox control (he may be the best HFT shooting in the known world) belive he could make the shot and doesnt wish to spend time at her majesties pleasure for useing a shotgun in a build up area thats up to him, this is a forum OPEN for people to post advice.