foxes

duncan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stated 12lb + does mean 12lb and above . do you hanestly think tat a open ticket is given to every pestcontroller in around london to go bashing off 22 rimmi shots in urban london gardens :yes:

So if it is over 12 pounds per square foot of power then it has to be on an FAC and should have the subsequent conditions attached to it? :lol:

Please correct me if I am wrong. :rolleyes:

FM :good:

Just out of interest (and this is a legitimte question not a wind up) does an open ticket (ie one without the 'may shoot over land deemed suitable for the calibre by the chief of police' condition) entitle the holder to shoot the stated calibres in their own garden - provided of course that they are taking a safe aim and are +50 feet from the centre of the nearset highway?:rolleyes:?

Just out of interest (and this is a legitimte question not a wind up) does an open ticket (ie one without the 'may shoot over land deemed suitable for the calibre by the chief of police' condition) entitle the holder to shoot the stated calibres in their own garden - provided of course that they are taking a safe aim and are +50 feet from the centre of the nearset highway?:rolleyes:?

no unless land is passed

stated 12lb + does mean 12lb and above . do you hanestly think tat a open ticket is given to every pestcontroller in around london to go bashing off 22 rimmi shots in urban london gardens :rolleyes:

so if you dont have an open condition for a rifle or a humaine killer on your ticket

the next question is.

is what you are doing legal.:lol:?:yes:?:good:?

as far far as im aware 12 ft lb airifle needs to be on fac ,need s to be under 12 ft lb to be not on fac,11ft lb something :good:

and as for killing foxes with air rifle under fac,prob will do it point blank range,but cant be much harder to do it with 410 or .22 rimmie at close range if you have the guns anyway?? why not just starve it to death :rolleyes::lol::yes:

as far far as im aware 12 ft lb airifle needs to be on fac ,need s to be under 12 ft lb to be not on fac,11ft lb something :good:

and as for killing foxes with air rifle under fac,prob will do it point blank range,but cant be much harder to do it with 410 or .22 rimmie at close range if you have the guns anyway?? why not just starve it to death :rolleyes::lol::yes:

as stated 22 rimmi and 410 around london town ?

wind up or not they dont like it when they are wrong .we are talking 1 one man shooting 2 foxes .so every pesti must get a open ticket .when i asked my FAO for 1 for this job his reply was use your air rifle close quater's and it doe's do the job right . no is no law stateing you can not shoot caged fox

There are a lot of wind up merchants on this forum - are there not?

There can be.

Until it's verified whether shooting a caged fox is legal or not then people will continue to press for an answer. It's not really enough to say someone said it was ok, that won't hold up in any court. My local cop told me shooting foxes was cruel and I should poision them instead - clearly illegal. But, if I took that bad advice, got caught and hauled up, think would he repeat it or put it on paper with his signed name? Would he ****.

Always better to err on the side of caution and look like a fool than get caught doing something really stupid and have it proven.

Don't know your lots laws, but my thinking given how some forces won't allow .22lr and HMR for fox is that they wouldn't let airguns through either. Point blank would a powerful air rifle kill a fox, yeah I'm sure it would, but that's not the question.

Question is, is it legal or not? And that needs backing up, rather than someone said.