foxes

duncan

There can be.

Until it's verified whether shooting a caged fox is legal or not then people will continue to press for an answer. It's not really enough to say someone said it was ok, that won't hold up in any court. My local cop told me shooting foxes was cruel and I should poision them instead - clearly illegal. But, if I took that bad advice, got caught and hauled up, think would he repeat it or put it on paper with his signed name? Would he ****.

Always better to err on the side of caution and look like a fool than get caught doing something really stupid and have it proven.

Don't know your lots laws, but my thinking given how some forces won't allow .22lr and HMR for fox is that they wouldn't let airguns through either. Point blank would a powerful air rifle kill a fox, yeah I'm sure it would, but that's not the question.

Question is, is it legal or not? And that needs backing up, rather than someone said.

:good::no: :o :rolleyes::lol::yes:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is, is it legal or not?

if air rifles where legal for foxes would the firearms guidance not point us in that direction.

.22 rimmie marginal. .17 no.

air rifle yes. i doubt it. 12lb or 12lb +

are you haveing a job keeping up .close quaters ? 22 rimmi 17hmr in the feild not accepptible in most countie's

well put jhon .but untill the law of not been able to shoot caged foxes is established and on paper and the n.p.t.a. inform me of changes in the law i like many pesti's will continue to do so with out any problem's.

But I thought you stated you didn't have an air rifle? :rolleyes: Was that a general statement or just one on this thread saying you hadn't mentioned owning one?

FM :lol:

read the bottom line if you can.

Offence MaximumPenalty-Imprisonment MaximumPenalty-Fine

Offensive weapon in a public place 4 years £ Unlimited

Carrying loaded airgun in a public place 7 years £ Unlimited

Person under 18 acquiring an airgun (*) 6 months £ 5,000

Person under 18 possessing an airgun or ammunition (*) --------- £ 1000

Person under 18 having an airgun in a public place (*) --------- £ 1000

Trespassing with an airgun in building or on land 7 years £ Unlimited

Threats to kill 10 years £ Unlimited

Discharging an airgun in the street 14 days £ 1000

Discharging an airgun within 50 feet of the centre of a highway, pavement or bridleway causing injury or danger --------- £ 1000

Discharging an airgun within 50 feet of the centre of a highway, pavement or bridleway causing damage --------- £ 1000

Used to ill-treat or cause unnecessary suffering to any animal 6 Months £ 5,000

Forget Airguns for a second...

Has anyone on here got any conditions on their SGC.

Just checked mine and theres nothing about the suitability of land etc (as there is on my FAC) or any conditions for that matter. So theoretically I could shoot a fox with my 12 gauge (BBs etc) in my own garden as long as the pellets do not end up outside my gardens boundaries and as long as I am not firing within 50 feet of the centre of the highway.

Is this correct/legal ??

Forget Airguns for a second...

Has anyone on here got any conditions on their SGC.

Just checked mine and theres nothing about the suitability of land etc (as there is on my FAC) or any conditions for that matter. So theoretically I could shoot a fox with my 12 gauge (BBs etc) in my own garden as long as the pellets do not end up outside my gardens boundaries and as long as I am not firing within 50 feet of the centre of the highway.

Is this correct/legal ??

in theory id say yes. but wouldnt like to try it out :rolleyes:

lol lol emmerdale at least thats entertainment .who is causeing suffering to any animal point blank christ bring on the law which states you can not shoot caged trapt foxes if all you lot can do is try wind me up sorry, but this is my job day to day and i aint in jail yet for it . the law you are pouting mark is all animals not just foxes my foxes do not suffer i can asure you of this you are welcome to join me next time when i carry one out at mount browne ?

markbivvey you are becomeing very offensive on this debate time for your bed i think your tired night night

Edited by bignoel

disturbing the Peace would be the first one they would hit you with.

reckless dis charge of a firearm could be another.

Could you point me to the act and section of these laws you are quoting? I've never heard of either (breach of the peace maybe but I'm sure you would have to go a bit furher than one or two shots...)