Whats it worth...

ShropshireJohn

Hello,

In the cabinet downstairs (that houses my guns, and my dads guns) is a HIJOS DE VICTOR ARAMBERRI Y Cr - EIBAR side by side, 12 gauge shotgun.

I believe its a boxlock, this gun is currently not being used and dad and myself are thinking of selling it.

Any ideas on a value? Its abit scruffy, but would make an ideal gun for the rough shooter :good:

TIA.

Edited by ShropshireJohn

They were a small family business in Spain that packed up in the '70s. Sold guns under the Alexandria brand as well.

Nothing special Spanish boxlocks are awash in the market place, and with known brands like a basic AYA selling £100-£200 you cannot expect anything more unless it has something special going for it - nice wood, engraving etc.

As mentioned, pics would help.

You wont get anything for it at a gun dealers. Your best bet is to keep it and start using it for fun or sell to another shooter. I was in the same position a few months ago and was tired of hearing dealers tell me that they did not want the gun even for trade. Someone will take it of you but you will pay full price on the new trade. Try dismanteling the the wood from it and cleaning up the woodwork. Its easy and good fun.....many of these old guns used really attractive timber , far superior to a basic gun today.