Coursing - Waterloo Cup 2005

adbirdy

This year, as it could be the last, due to the present governments policy on hunting with dogs. I have decided to go to the Waterloo Cup at Altcar.

Has anyone got any experience of the event and any generally useful information that they could pass on to me about it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ade

I've been to see the Waterloo cup, it was a great day out, the year I went there was some anti's there (probably an annual thing) and they was playing the song "Bright eyes" through a boom box at full blast to try and throw off the dogs, did not work though, but it did scare the **** out of the hares and the dogs started nailing them almost every run which was the opposite of what they was trying to achieve so they packed up and left. The beer tent was good, not for the beer but for the characters you met.

Also went to some meets in the Newmarket area, also good.

Go while you still have the chance.

Anyone think of a good excuse I can use to get there as I`m d/shift 14th and n/shift the rest ? LB you could always converge(meet) under a clock with a copy of the s.t. under the right arm and a pink carnation on your left lapel.Enjoy yourselves I`m not jelous (much). :lol:

HD,

Send me your readies as I know what dog will win. You can trust me completly to back the winner on your behalf :oops: