Wemerick

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So did you do a days beating or pay for that bird? :(

Is that the only way you can shoot a pheasant then?

If it was on land where he has permission and is allowed to shoot them then there is no issue. Leave the guy alone.

Well done mate, it will taste great. Much better than the ones mullered by a shotgun at close range.

I cant moralise to much with a young gun on such issues as in my youth and starting out the only opportunities I had was an air rifle on my own, or down the farm they used to let me shoot a bolt action .410 to keep me quite, the lad will graduate in time with any luck as many of us have, good luck to ya

No mate its my land. I dont have to pay for Niks it was a mates Air rifle Gamo i think mines in for repair at da mo (Air Arms s200) but shud b gettin a . Ma mum cooked it with Bacon and we had Roast Tatoes and watever. Yea a few people have told me about this thing with airrifles and Pheasant dont understand maself.

Good for you mate. I have recently started selling rabbit to a butcher who said he finds it hard to sell anything shot with a shottie - and will take any rifle shot fur or feather game - assuming I have permision to shoot it. Thus it is likely to remain fur only apart from the odd stray that I'm allowed to take on "non game" farms.

He frequently discards things with shotgun pellets in the meat.

Sorry Find it Hilarious people only think you can shoot Pheasant if your a good shot it dunt matter if youre a good shot with a shotgun.

You must mean by this statement that you "cant miss" because of the shot spread?.

(You obviously dont have much experience shooting shotgun's :good: )

Trust me a pheasant screaming over your head at 30mph is much more sporting than "A headshot at 10 Yards"

I don't like the way some of you guys are actually encouraging this young lad to shoot pheasants with an air rifle.

Fair enough if all he has to shoot with is an air rifle and sure enough everyone makes a mistake once in a while.

But the sporting way to shoot Pheasant is with a shotgun and even better to hunt the bird with a dog.

There are plenty other things to shoot with an air rifle besides pheasant.

I don't like the way some of you guys are actually encouraging this young lad to shoot pheasants with an air rifle.

Fair enough if all he has to shoot with is an air rifle and sure enough everyone makes a mistake once in a while.

But the sporting way to shoot Pheasant is with a shotgun and even better to hunt the bird with a dog.

There are plenty other things to shoot with an air rifle besides pheasant.

Absolute ****e

Plenty else to shot with a shotgun. Get over yourself

leave the lad alone fair play to him i regularly take phesant with my air rile if they are on my permission i will hunt them simple as and they dont have to be from ten yards either i have shot them to anyhting upto 20 maybe 25 yards but not very often always head shots aswell if the chance presents its self take it, now im preparing to get an absolute rollocking but ohwell like the ol saying goes **** happens