Forget hunting with dogs!

Lol I gotta see that  :D

I hope they dont ban fox hunting here in England it used to be nice to here the horn going a couple of days before christmas I always used to see them go across the same field from my window every year and gran used to come out with drinks for them.

Still were all tort in school to respect outher peoples religions and Traditions so why the hell are the people so determind to get rid of fox hunting.

This may seem a little over the top but you could even call this goverment racest over the ban on fox hunting and tigher and tighter laws they are trying to put on shooters.

:)

I support leagle Hunting with dogs to.

Despite the things you hear in the news the fox is killed pretty quick and the hounds on a stag hunt only restrain the deer so a shooter can get up close and despach the deer with a firearm, they dont rip the stag apart.

One thing I dont agree with leagle or not leagle is hare (Jackjabbit) coursing a load of Jipos round are way used do it illeagly untill  and the keeper shot at some of the dogs then  reported them ( Nice One!).

I would much rather kill a fox by shooting it and have neaver taken part in the fox hunt apart from tacking photos for a school project. But its a british Tradition and I respect it.

Bring It On Blair   :=)

I have done a little bit of horse riding but have never been fox hunting But I think it must be a wonderful day out for the riders involved in the Hunt. There are not many areas left in the UK where you can ride for miles without having to stop for traffic or other obstructions

I think that the actual killing of the fox is only a small part of fox hunting

Hunting with dogs is something which I have not done as it does not appeal This too is a sport which is part of our heritage so why ban it??

What i would like to know is where are all these antis when little girls are taken away an raped and murdered,you dont see them demonstrating on behalf of human beings

Know this........if hunting goes,shooting is next, no doubt, thats why we should stand shoulder to shoulder with the hunting boys and girls........I agree that a lamp and rifle will kill more foxes than the hunt if carried out properly, but hey, each to his own.........lets not divide at this crucial time, the end is already near enough...... :)

One thing has struck me- if fox hunting is banned and the antis turn fully on shooting, it will take centuries for it to be banned based on how long it took them to get fox hunting outlawed. The opposition to a shooting ban will be far sttronger than fox hunting simply becuase there are vastly more shooters than fox hunters.

We know for a fact that if hunting is banned(which i hope it isnt)the antis will turn to game shooting ect,presumably disrupting shoots,intimadating law abiding people ect.Once they get on a roll and if the polaticians think thers a few votes in it who knows?i think that we have got to take a united stance,it makes me cringe when i see and hear pro hunters saying things like"we dont want loads of people wandering round the contryside with guns"and likewise shooters saying hunting with hounds is cruel it just makes things worse and gives the antis a bigger stick to beat us with.

The Organisations that are objecting to foxhunting are not called The Anti-Fox Hunting Association ,or something similar.

They are called The League Against Cruel Sports, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, etc.

These Organisations have a wide brief, they are very well funded, with full time staff and a massive publicity machine.

If foxhunting is banned, these Organisations will still need something to "feed on".

They can,t stop,they are like some great machine trundling along.

I think Game Shooting ,with birds purposely bred and released, the very large bags shot on some shoots, the "upper class" image, etc, is an obvious target.

As is Angling.

It amuses me to read on Fishing Forums that there are too many people fishing to ban Angling.

The Enviromental Agency sold 1.3million licences last year in England and Wales.

That is not a lot of people.

Livebaiting for Pike and Perch has already been banned in the Lake District. Whilst this has been done to prevent the spread of fish disease and unofficial stocking of fish (unused bait fish released), it has drawn a large spotlight on a rather "cruel" aspect of Fishing.

Don,t forget the PETA poster of the labrador with a big hook in its mouth, the caption was something like "You wouldn,t do it to a dog, then why a fish?"

Wood Pigeon shooting is vermin control.

Its the only realistic cost effective way of doing it.

We also view it as a "sport", but it is first and foremost, vermin control.

Times they are a changing.

If they do go after shooting which is stupid it wont relly suprise me but after reading one post about them going ater fishing it to me will be the ULTIMATE **** Take and I will begin to question the sanaty ( Dont know how its spelt) of the people in the country i live in and will have to consider moving abrod to escape these weird weird people.

GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

I never thought it would get this bad.

Daveman, dont be too sure about it taking ages to ban shooting. They have not been campaigning that long. We just cant afford to sit back and let these people walk over us. Although they are the minority, they have a very big voice and they take extreme actions which gets them noticed. On the other hand there is a lot of law abiding citizens that hunt and shoot (probably all I suspect) and we are under pressure to behave appropriately at all times as the threat of having your license revoked is always there. We need to united on the foxhunting stance as it is only the thin end of a very thick wedge.

You had better belive it gentlmen!

If hunting goes so does every other type of country sport.In1966 the co-op bank refused to open an account for the Bedford ferret welfare group. The reason being that they had been told by its advisors,The League against Cruel Sports,that ferreting is a cruel sport.  Now that seems a bit hypocritical, as the Co-opertive Wholesale Society lets out shooting on its 34,000 acres of farmland. What you have to remember is that 90% of the population of this country (including politicions) don't particularly care one way or another.Untill they are shown emotive photo's in the press.Then they feel that they should do "something". The other 10% of the population,"The Anti's" know this and have thier propaganda machines in place to utilise it.They are organised,and thier money buys a lot of lobbying power.

When i was 13 years old i came home from ferreting with 6 rabbits tied around my belt, i felt as proud as punch as i walked through the village, people were saying "you've done well", "where did you catch that lot".How times have changed! So please don't be complaisant, march show that you care,show that we have a real roll to play in the welfare of our countryside .

You had better belive it gentlmen!

If hunting goes so does every other type of country sport.In1966 the co-op bank refused to open an account for the Bedford ferret welfare group. The reason being that they had been told by its advisors,The League against Cruel Sports,that ferreting is a cruel sport.  Now that seems a bit hypocritical, as the Co-opertive Wholesale Society lets out shooting on its 34,000 acres of farmland. What you have to remember is that 90% of the population of this country (including politicions) don't particularly care one way or another.Untill they are shown emotive photo's in the press.Then they feel that they should do "something". The other 10% of the population,"The Anti's" know this and have thier propaganda machines in place to utilise it.They are organised,and thier money buys a lot of lobbying power.

When i was 13 years old i came home from ferreting with 6 rabbits tied around my belt, i felt as proud as punch as i walked through the village, people were saying "you've done well", "where did you catch that lot".How times have changed! So please don't be complaisant, march show that you care,show that we have a real roll to play in the welfare of our countryside .

Perhaps I am being too complacent. It just seems that "more important" things always seem to arise and the politicians never seem to get round to banning hunting. But I agree that we must not sit back and hope they won't get round to banning shooting. The posts here mentioning fishing interested me. I once saw a tv program where antis actually jumped in a canal and started shouting to scare fish away from where anglers were. It really made me think the world was going mad. The post about livebaiting being banned in the Lake District is just the thin end of the wedge. A ban here a ban there and suddenly everything's banned. Presumably livebaiting is perceived as particularly cruel by the antis (what do people here think?). I just think its a way of catching fish thats goes back probably thousands of years.

daveman, if you apply the "anti-foxhunting logic" to Angling, most of the common practices could be deemed cruel.

a) forceably pulling a fish from its natural habitat by hooking it in the mouth.

:) keeping it in a "keep net" for hours ,causing stress and then tipping it back intothe lake ,causing scale damage.

c) putting maggots, worms and other creatures on hooks to attract the fish (not much different than the tethered live decoy, we can,t use).

You could add to this list easily.

I also fish and I fear the future for Angling, is bleaker than for Wood Pigeon shooting.

Its already happend up here lads so much for our Scottish parliment. The laird in question lives not far from me and he visits local estates with his hounds and draws the woods to waiting guns and the foxes are shot. Some of the hunts in the borders are sending a human out into the woods covered in fox scent and chasing him or her until the hound track them down. Sad isnt it !!!!!!!!!

Keith