Forget hunting with dogs!

Keith, is he allowed to do that legally ?

I would have thought that is considered "hunting with dogs", even though his dogs don,t catch the fox (I suppose), they do "hunt" it.

There was a good article in todays Mail on Sunday about rat hunting with dogs.

It showed how difficult it would be to enforce a blanket, "no hunting with dogs" law.

You would need a policeman behind every tree. :)

the "gun packs" have been around for years and extreamly efficent at fox control , if a fox is shot and still runs on the hounds will soon find and finish him off (that is now illegal in scotland though) but it does show that a wounded animal is not left to suffer

• 4 weeks later...

Make no mistake. Shooting is next for targeting by these groups. It makes me weep how the government has spent so much time on the hunting issue when there are so many more important things going on. War with Iraq, tourists being blown up in Bali, mass release of terrorists in N Ireland. Gay couples being allowed to adopt kids. Mass influx of illegal immigrants etc..... Most people in the country don’t give a hoot. Blair is pandering to the vocal left wing minority, whose attack on fox hunting is tantamount to class war. I have also heard that his wife is an ardent opponent of hunting. In the 70’s the Labour manifesto pledged to ban all ‘blood sports’ I simply don’t believe that they have changed that much in between times. I voted labour when they came to power. I will never vote for them again and if anyone here cherishes their sport they should do the same. Incidentally check the link out below... interesting...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/hunt/page/0,11796,669620,00.html

berettaboy- I totally agree with every word you say. I too voted for them in 1997, but will never do so again. Infact, I've stopped voting for any of them. The country is falling apart, and has all the problems you mentioned and they worry about banning hunting.....its just incredible.

Does anyone remember the Labour party recieving a  1 million pound donation by one of the "ANTI" organisations :)

Is this not lolly for legislation :D. The tories were made to give back the money they got from the formula 1 boss reguarding tobacco sponsorship, so why not labour :( Whenever this is mentioned it is quickly brushed over! :0

the general concensus is that hunting will be banned either as a whole or in sutch a restricted form that it might as well been banned altogether. whatever , shooting will be next , call it pest control if you like , it doent matter 1 bit  they want it stopped . the CA and BASC will let it happen . then the only ones to blame are those of you that voted labour  without thinking . but some of us will not lie down and to quote Winston Churchill (foxhunter and shooter) "we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, "

tim- some of us voted Labour in 1997 because the last lot were so bad (not from the hunting/shooting point of view, but generally). At that time you couldn't imagine it could get worse. But, yes, it has got infinitely worse.  I made a big mistake voting for them in 1997- one that I shall not repeat.