Another "Staffy" thread

garyb

agree with the above :rolleyes: everyone seems to jump on the staffy/bull bandwagon, I had a pair of dogs go for me this summer, they came onto my property, killed a load of my chickens, about to kill my pet ducks, tryed to grab them and they turned on me, and guess what they where, not a staffy or bull breed, one was a golden retreiver and the other a fox terrier x I think, nasty little ***, later found out when owners came for them are trained gun dogs, just goes to show any breed can be agressive when running loose, in a frenzy/killing state of mind like these where like at the time, does this mean all retreivers should be banned??? no, but owners should take more care, same as the bad owners of staffys and similar breeds.

Hope you made the owners pay for the livestock you lost...lol a place where i go shooting the owner has a great dane and a jack russell the great dane is like a horse and is very gentle for the sheer size...but the jack russell is a nasty piece of work...very yappy and grumpy...oldage i think.

I pet the great dane..but i would never reach down to pet the jack russell...lol...although it's only the size of the great danes head

thing is with these dogs is that they can do so much damage when they turn nasty, staffys, rotties, and german sheperds. we have had 3 german sheperds and the first 2 were great no problems at all, but the last one we had was put down 3 weeks ago aged 5, this story is hard to believe but for my dad to have it put down it put my mum in hospital neding 30 odd stitches to both her arms and hip cos the dog attact her at home when she was wiping his eye, for no reason it just went mental, it should of been put down then, 1 year latter it was at home laying down and i bent down to rub his tummy like you do, bang, quick as a flash it got hold of my hand and started ragging me about, and i mean visiously, i tried punching it but made no differance, my dad managed to pull it off my hand, then it imidiatly grabed hold of the back of my leg, i ended up in hospital for 3 days and require plastic surgery on my hand as the end of my finger was hanging on by the skin, it also broke my finger in 2 places and bit right through between my knuckle and palm, and a big deep gash on my leg, i have some photos that i will put on my computer tomorrow and upload, still my dad wouldnt put it down, crazy i know, then 4 month latter i got a phone call of my mum one friday night asking if i could come down, i asked why and she said the dog has bitten your dad, so he ended up in hospital for 2 nights, all he had done was bend down to pick his bowl up, i have them pictures on hear now so i will try upload them, but still he wouldnt put him down, to cut a already long story short it then bit my other brother both arms and leg, then my dad again, then it was put down, the dog was loved like a child, walked every day on the moors 7am dinner time and evening for 2 hours a time, i guess sometimes you can just get a wrong un, no matter who its owner is or how its brought up, so we all should be carefull of such dog pets or not as when these dogs get hold of you your in trouble,

ever thought it got fed up of being dragged along the moors?

why wait till most of your family need surgery before having the dog destroyed?

well said babbyc,my family have always had dogs our first were ridgebacks 3 of them(these were used to bait lions in Africa dont see anyone wanting to ban these dogs :rolleyes: ) and I always remember what my dad said the day your dog shows you it's teeth in anger is the day it goes to the vets.I have 2 staff's who are gentle well brought up and always on a lead,but what people need to remember any dog can cause damage however big or small.....Ian

i doubt very much the dog got sick of being walked, dogs like that need lots of walking, unlike some people who let them out in the back garden for 5 mins a day, i know it needed putting down after the first time, but as it wasnt my do it wasnt my choice, i rand the rspca, the dog warden and even the police, all of them couldnt do anything about it,