last of the summer wine

sapper063

I used to love the Christmas specials that were on every year (One of my mermories from being a kid). I think it lost a lot of it magic when Compo died about 10 years ago.

My wife and I have been to Holmfirth (where the series is filmed) a couple of times, as well as being fantastic senery it is nice to have a wander around the different set locations.

Sad news to hear.

It was, and is, a load of formulaic old tripe but as a nipper I used to curl up with my old man on the sofa and watch it as it was a religion in our house. For that reason and the fact that the words fitted the theme tune that has earnt it a place in the fishes heart.

Jim

It was, and is, a load of formulaic old tripe but as a nipper I used to curl up with my old man on the sofa and watch it as it was a religion in our house. For that reason and the fact that the words fitted the theme tune that has earnt it a place in the fishes heart.

Jim

spot on jim, could have written the exact same post there mate.... sunday night bath, hair washed, nails cut on dads lap watching last of the summer wine... evrey week, the week end was finished in the same way.....

those where the days.... sunday school in the morning, play out afterwards till "sunday" dinner, oh yes, then the hulk followed by metal mickey, the muppets, bath then summer wine before bed....

anyways, i think you'l find it was "norga" batty.... ha ha ha ...

spot on jim, could have written the exact same post there mate.... sunday night bath, hair washed, nails cut on dads lap watching last of the summer wine... evrey week, the week end was finished in the same way.....

those where the days.... sunday school in the morning, play out afterwards till "sunday" dinner, oh yes, then the hulk followed by metal mickey, the muppets, bath then summer wine before bed....

anyways, i think you'l find it was "norga" batty.... ha ha ha ...

don't forget watching Bullseye too..... :oops: