what cartridges

cooky

Gamebore Supergame in the green case are OK as well, I've used 1oz (28gm) 7's and 1 1/16 (30gm) 6's, prefer the 1oz 7's.

Hull three crowns and Eley Impax also good. Going to try Eley VIP as well soon.

I use the 7 1/2 28g gamebore supergame when I'm decoying and they are also a good shell.

I've started buying from a local (to me) manufacturer - Caledonian Cartridges. I've been using their photo-degradable plastic wad which should keep the farmers happy. Cartridges seem to be OK but I must admit you could probably give me any old thing and I would be able to tell you if it's good or bad.

Before those I used Gamebore Supergame, the same as Chris and before those I always used to use Clear Pigeon.

I couldn't really fault any of them - I just prefer to buy local if at all possible.

Piebob

I use game bore clear pigeon and I'm happy with them but then again thats the only cartridge I've used, apart from the odd ones I've been given.

as the old saying goes "if it aint broken dont fix it" :oops:

I've just baught a box of express AAA for fox shooting. (is that a good choice ?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am currently using the last of a batch of Caledonian cartidges. I can't hit a thing with them.

I am looking at changing to cartridges that my mates use. One used Eley Hawk best Pigeon and has doen for a couple of years through his Fabarm S/A and swears by them.

The other uses Clear Pigeon 32's for rabbits and pigeons, he swears by them.

What is everyone else using and what do you reckon to the Hawks?

Ian

i use rotwell mark2 30 size 7 for pigeons because they are very fast and i get very good patterns with them at a decent range so they are perfect for pigeons however i find they are not so good for rabbits so i use size 6 30 gram for them the best cartriges i have found for anything are either express supreme game or rio royals

I sell gamebore and this week they have written to me saying their prices have increased by £15 per thousand. When one goes up they all go up.

Try kent Velocity 30g or 32g plas 6 shot by gamebore its a clear pigeon in a different box with diferent writing on the case and cheaper ( same powder , wad and lead, case and primer. £113 per thou at the new price this was from the 1st Feb.

If ya want to spend a little try RC Sipe plas 5 or 6 shot 32g these hit seriously well at long range £135 per thou at the moment.

Edited by ernyha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Pieman

I like Hull Sterling Game, fibre wad 6s, 32g. The bu**ers seem to stop just about anything!

Not cheap though, around £135-00 per 1000.

PP