Fox loads

Good point Cranfield, should have mentioned that earlier. The gun I use heavy loads out of is a Al 391.  The majority of shooters using the 3 1/2 inch turkey loads are using the Daddy version of the 391 the Xtrema which is an absolute brute of a gun.  Think I mentioned it in an earlier post, a mate of mine had dropped geese at 80 plus yards using the 3 1/2" wildfowling loads from Remington and a Beretta Xtrema.

I shoot fox with 20grain V max through a 17rem, good for up to 300yrds.

I was at a fox shoot last week with all the keepers from the local estates, and low and behold out comes charlie from a wood between a keeper and a sheperd 5 shots were fired at it and it kept going, I ran back 30yards as I was below the 2 that shot at it, and there it was coming down the gully, 1st shot he was bowled over into the burn at 35 yards, to my amazement it was dragging itself on to the banking ( robo Fox ) I swiftly dispatched it with the second barrel, I was firing 2 3/4, 42g remington mini mags.

I use 95g combined technolagies silver tips, the best 243 head that I have came across, it is pure black (not molly coated ) with a polycarbonate silver tip, once tryed you wont use anything else, my manlicher loves them.

I am going to get some 270 silver tips to experiment with in 130g.

Cheers