Lamping equip. Clulite or Lightforce?

Tommo

Been looking at new kit,

clulite kit with Scope mounting thingy, as well as lance handle with bat £150 (1,000,000 candlepower). and we all know the lightforce stuff - been looing at the 240 for comparision. Whats everybodys thoughts?

This would be mainly used for lamping alone, although l would on occasion be lamping with a friend -

T

Its mainly for foxes,

although rabbits might be the way it pays its way! I was thinking after my old Deben Blue eye gave up the goose something with a narrow accurate beam was needed (like the blue eye)- trouble is the gunshops want to sell you what they have in stock - none will let me try the goods before l buy!!

You're right about gunshops anyway.

Right, I've had the Lightforce Lance 140, Striker 170 and Blitz 240. So here are my opinions for what they're worth.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a fan of the Blitz. Yes, it's got an excellent beam. But, I find it uncomfortable to hold and if using from a vehicle then any bit of wind just makes it a pain in the ****. Nicknamed mine "The Bin lid".

The Striker is by far the best model of the range. The handheld version has a 100W bulb as standard, the scope mounted version a 75W bulb as standard. If I were you I'd get a scope mounted Striker and change the bulb to 100W should you wish. I lamp solo the vast majority of the time. I just use it as a handheld lamp until I find my fox and am going to take my shot then I attach it. I've also started using an orange filter which I find excellent :oops: but there's no need for it if you're foxes aren't too bright.

The Lance is a very good light too. Can't use a 100W bulb in it as it'll discolour the reflector reducing the performance. It's a good lamp for a rimfire or a shotgun. All the scope mounted LF's can be mounted under the barrel of most single and double barrel shotties.

For rabbits you can switch the bulb down to 50W. You might also think about getting a variable power lamp, it's not essential but it's handy at times, especially when working with white light.

LF's are notorious for **** wiring. Connections, fuse holders, switches etc have all burnt out on me at one time or another. But it's like an initiation doing the DIY wiring :good:

If you do decide to get a Blitz 240, please PM me, I know where you can get one (new) at a very very good price ;)

As you know the Blitz can't be scope mounted, so unless you're used to it that's a pain lamping solo, gun on one hand, lamp in the other.

Striker and Lance can. Since you're going to be getting a centrefire I would suggest you go for the Striker :good: Might be a bit big for the rimmy but it'll save you buying two lamps.

What he said :oops: and deffo not the blitz because it is like trying to hold a sattalite dish out of a car window,so you lamp a bit of the field,the sky,the road and then bang it on the roof of the jeep and if its really windy you dislocate your arm the minute you put it out the window ;)