Anyone NOT using Windows? - Ubuntu

V8landy

Hi

After the recent IE problems from Microsodt, I first switched to FireFox,.

But I have now gone one step further and using Ubuntu.

WOW it is fast compared to Windows, net is fast PC is fast. No more problems with virus's, trojens and spyware etc.

Anyone else using it?

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

http://wubi-installer.org/

Sort of. I use it at work on a VM (Xen) for when I need to use a linux machine and I also have a physical Ubuntu machine which is pretty much dedicated to being a server. It is a lot faster than Windows!

I did actually swap my main desktop to Ubuntu a few months ago (quite a challenge for me) but ended up swapping back to the Windows disk when the main Linux boot disk got fried in a power surge of some sort. One of these days I'll try it again, but Windows still has me for now, if only because of Office and my need for four screens.

i use firefox but i still get a box coming up saying ie has found a problem and has to shut down please send report it then closes browser or i can be doing somthing and a blue screen comes up saying somthing like this if this is the first time it has happened reboot if not inform your administrator

can i remove internet explorer and windows and just leave firefox on if so how do i do it

linux is good .... Ubuntu is just a version of linux .... debian ( another version of linux ) is good as a starter block if anyone thinking of changing to linux from windows... linux does operate quicker and software is avail for most options ( itunes, dvd writers, office etc ) and tend to be cheaper than windows. the apple MACS is just a modified version of linux. :yes:

i have dual booted with xp and suse, the gui in suse is quite good but i still had problems installing software and found the amount of programs limited compared to windows software, i know you can run windows programs in linux using wine but it was just too clunky. at the moment i have backtrack 3 dual booted for experimentation purposes but might have another go with another linux distro.