New .22lr

dogfox

Im currently looking for my first rimmy, im looking at the Cz452 synthetic and the marlin 922v (i think its 922v)

im just wondering what others opinions are on these makes and models,

if anyone can suggest any others im welcome to suggestions!

however is must be bolt action and under €450!

thanks guys!

i do like the look of the silhouette!with the marlin at €340 at €435 without a scope and not threaded it would want to be worth it!

if i could find one going for cheap second hand id go for it like a fat kid goes for a cupcake! :rolleyes:

the other option is to go for the cheap marlin at €340 in .17hmr, thatd be nice but i like the cheapness and quietness of the .22

Edited by dogfox

i know cz has the reputation at being hard to beat for value but i feel the recent price rises will put some people off them. the marlin on the other hand i would n`t be scared of at all.i have been on many rimfire forums and i know the yanks love them for accuracy too.the marlin may not feel as good in the hand but if it`s a working gun will still do the business.i can`t seem to find any makes other than cz up here to look at.my fac is in for renewal in a few weeks time and i have to look about for a rifle to add on when it`s in.let us know how you get on.

Ive got marlin and its a good gun. A tad heavy maybe compared to the cz, but accurate and smooth. I wouldnt say it shoots any better than the czs, but the triggers a bit better, and Its just different from what everyone else uses !

Edited by GatGun

hmm, my thoughts have drifted from the marlin at this stage to the cz or an older cz, im looking to pay less than €400,

if i could find an old second hand one in good nic for 200/350 id be delighted but in ireland thats hard to find as guns are expensive here, more expensive than the uk anyway

Edited by dogfox