How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Looks like you got high gun at Copfurn from 2 weeks ago - if you gave your name as "Peter ?" and got 67.

Yup that's me. I notice that many don't bother writing my surname down, as it does sound a little weird over here.

Kewl, do I win anything, or is it just glory and the admiration of all? :angry:

I'm surprised at that actually, as I shot like a homo on a few stands, got 3/8 on one of them!!

Here we go..... :yes:

Well, my first time shooting after being laid flat on my *** with the world's worst man flu.

Copfurn, shot the first 5 stands straight, but then starting getting fatigued and messing up. Ended up on 67/80, which shouldhave been ok. until you look at the card, then realised it was **** :angry:

Hawley's have really raised their game on the target setting. :lol: No more end of barrel gimmi birds, well, maybe 1 stand was but the rest were a lot better/harder/testing. 1 stand I couldn't decide if it was brilliant, or poor setup on their part, as you had barely any time on the simo part to get on them. I only got 3/10 on that stand. Most stands were simo pairs.

When I left at 1330 59/70 was high gun. I got 54/70 with a new gun, not too bad, I considered re-entry and going for high gun but as I'm still recovering from lurgy and was sweating my *** off I decided against it.

Not bad-In fact me best score yet 21 out of 50. I know this is poor for all you lot reading this. I only get to shoot once a week at the most if i'm lucky, and only been shooting 6months. The ground i go to has just moved all the stands around so this weekend i was shooting on instinct. I thought i did really bad, But it turned out to be my best round yet :lol:

:yes: Not bad dude, Since i won thier 100 birder a few weeks back all Ive managed was a 63 ex 70 and a 59 ex 70, with a gun Im well used to :lol:

Sounds like you've been high gun for the last 3 weeks ! If you had the 59 today, then that was high gun as I left. Have you noticed an improvement in their standard of targets recently as well? Once of the Andys said today that they didn't want so many 69 and 68s and were aiming more for 64s or thereabouts.

Not bad-In fact me best score yet 21 out of 50. I know this is poor for all you lot reading this. I only get to shoot once a week at the most if i'm lucky, and only been shooting 6months. The ground i go to has just moved all the stands around so this weekend i was shooting on instinct. I thought i did really bad, But it turned out to be my best round yet :yes:

My first few months were in that range as well, so you're off to a good start. ??? An hour with a coach to explain the importance of 'reading' a bird and identifying your kill, hold and visual marks will make it a lot easier for you, and then everything will make sense. Do this sooner rather then later :yes:

My first few months were in that range as well, so you're off to a good start. :lol: An hour with a coach to explain the importance of 'reading' a bird and identifying your kill, hold and visual marks will make it a lot easier for you, and then everything will make sense. Do this sooner rather then later ???

Your right Pete. I'll get a hour or 2's lessons booked soon as :yes:

Yesterday saw my first visit to Headley, I shot 47 ex 60 which wasn't too bad, though I was disappointed it was 50.

Today I was going to go to Horne but was put off by the rain (wrongly as it turned out), went to Gatwick with my Mossberg and only scored 36 ex 50, which was a bit **** :lol:

That would start a "where did my post go thread" and end up with the usual:

1. all mods are *******

2. there's too much heavy handed sensorship (spinning off into a freedom of speach thread)

3. are PMs read

4. why can't we post links, boobs and rude language etc

You know how it goes.

Had a shocker yesterday. Managed a mere 52/100 on Sporting and was told that my beloved Silver Pigeon 5 was totally wrong for me. Apparently it needs 32" barrels and work done on the stock to make it fit properly.

Still, got a treat coming on on wednesday and we'll see if I can do better at Sporting Targets at Riseley.

That would start a "where did my post go thread" and end up with the usual:

1. all mods are *******

2. there's too much heavy handed sensorship (spinning off into a freedom of speach thread)

3. are PMs read

4. why can't we post links, boobs and rude language etc

You know how it goes.

Mung, you've not been forthcoming with your results recently, got anything to hide? :lol:

Same for Bagsy and the rest of the tribe. :yes:

Didn't shoot today as we were visiting the outlaws in Lincolnshire. Stopped off for a traditional Essex breakfast at McDonalds by the Peterborough services on the A1 only to hear a clay shoot going on nearby. Despite the weather withdrawal symptoms kicked in and I was gutted not to have the shottie with me.

Anyone on here shoot at Haddon Lodge? Is is any good?

May have to pack the gun next time we go ???

PDLM - good to see you're out there getting some respectable scores in (fine weather :hmm: ) :D

:/:lol: Got 73% the other day at Southdown - well chuffed. My highest score yet. Read that someone on here 'only' gets to go shooting once a week if he's lucky. ***? I go shooting once a month if i'm lucky :thanks:

Want to try shooting on another ground - see if my scores improve as people have said Southdown is hard. :rolleyes: obviously why i score so low... :beer::lol: