How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed Kegworth today, but made a royal mess of the last stand. Should really have broken 70 today but still happy. Think i ended up on 66.

As has been mentioned, there was nothing quirky or impossible. I think some of the better shots in our squad over anylized a few birds and missed them as a result. Enjoyed shooting the white clay going away up a stream! Stand is on a bridge which made you think you were shooting gators in the everglades!

Best of all the rain held off.

Worst part of the day............getting home and being forced to go xmas shopping!

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot even though I was mightily disappointed with my score of 76. I only straightened one stand, the first one we shot and was just inconsistent for the other eleven. There was a 90 in for HG when I left but I'm not sure if that would be enough.

The Shoot

I like squadded shoots, takes all the issues of which stand do we shoot first, lets start on an easy one but not teal or rabbits blah, blah blah plus no queuing (except for about 4 mins in one stand) because today was dry but bloody cold and queuing in the cold is soul destroying (and it doesn't do your score any good either). Anyway, the notices said squadding was for the Saturday only so be prepared to get cold and wet tomorrow whilst you're queuing :lol: :(

The targets were all killable i.e. nothing out of range but plenty of 40ish yard loopers, 3 tricky rabbits including one that should have been called a tortoise and you'd be surprised how many of them were missed, including 2 by me!

Two stands with white clays on and I found them particularly hard to pick up especially a going away bird shot from a raised platform. If you're going to use white clays they should be against a dark background (it's not rocket science is it?)

There were at least two stands that threw sideways teal i.e. the shooter is at 90deg to a teal target so it is edge on for all of it's flight. It's official, I don't like sideways teal :lol::lol:

Think it was stand 11? that summed up my day, 1st of the 2 stands with 5 pairs on, R to L high roller at about 35 yards with a simple going away white bird from a trap just in front of you, the stand was on a bridge over a wide stream. Pair dead, pair dead, pair dead, pair dead, pair lost!!! Does anybody want to hear my new swear words :lol::lol::lol:

It was similar to Blackpool and I like the targets at Blackpool but these today were in a different league, if they had made it 14 or 15 stands with a driven high tower as one of them and pushed a few of the birds 5 yards further out it would have made a damn good British Open.

Well worth going

Mr Potter

PS I saw and spoke to Ron, berettaman as was, he was looking really well considering it's not that long since he's had major heart surgery BUT if he starts to tell you about when his wound suddenly burst open and he had to hold his innards in whilst they rushed him back to hospital make sure you're not eating a sausage sandwich :good::lol: He shot quite tidily though, I think he finished on a 72.

Have fun guys, i hope the weathers ok, and take yer choke out for the mixy stand !!

You don't need to take your choke out for that mixy rabbit aka tortoise, it was so close to the gun that even a cylinder choke wouldn't have any time to spread. 99.9% of those missed would be either in front, over the top or both :lol:

It was (is) what I would describe as quite a technical shoot in that you need a range of techniques to build up a good score. If beretta does go I would expect that it is just the sort of shoot he could excel at.

Good luck to all those PWers shooting it on Sunday, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :good::yes:

Mr Potter

Another excellent moring at Keston - not. :good::yes:

Rain held off but managed another personal worst :look: :sick: - wondering what the **** is going on.

Average for last 10 shoots now below my average since i started :yes::lol:

Some radical action requireed me thinks

Edited by Bigweed

Today was my first time at JJ's and although I did not shoot very well I did enjoy the layout :yes:

That rabbit got the best of me :good: And I could not hit those loopers if my life depended on it today!! I think if they launched barn doors in the sky I would have had trouble hitting those today lol

Will defo be going back

Southdown, was painful. Somewhat gale stricken, lost my cap a few times, got blown off balance lots of times... and the targets were all different from pair to pair. We all sucked big time.

51/100. :good::lol:

The overall scoreboard wasn't that much higher, I think only 1 over 70s. AA class mostly mid 70s and 60s.

Definitely need to go there a lot more often. 213 miles on the tripmeter at the end of the day. :yes:

Southdown, was painful. Somewhat gale stricken, lost my cap a few times, got blown off balance lots of times... and the targets were all different from pair to pair. We all sucked big time.

51/100. :good::lol:

The overall scoreboard wasn't that much higher, I think only 1 over 70s. AA class mostly mid 70s and 60s.

Definitely need to go there a lot more often. 213 miles on the tripmeter at the end of the day. :yes:

Chin up Pete - your elaborate ploy of shooting in less than ideal conditions to retain your (sand) B(agging) Class status next time round is all falling into place :yes:

Just back from Kegworth :devil:

What an extraordinary shoot. I've never seen a shoot with such a weird cross-section of scores. Obviously suited some, but not others :good:

Lots of duff scores in AA and A and a few very high scores in B :yes: .

Some managed to get into the 90's, which I would say was a phenomenal effort.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, except the trap problems. Considering it was sponsored by Promatic, there seemed to be a lot af trap problems today, causing a lot of hanging about in the cold. Though it was very cold later on, we were lucky with the weather, no rain, we even had quite a bit of sun.

Scores on the doors :sick:

Beretta - 76 Oh how we laaaaaarfed. Bad day at Black Rock :lol: :o :o :o :o . Few gun misfires today too

Chard - 76 Shock and awe ^_^

100milesaway (Aunty) - 73 (leading the Ladies when we left) :yes:

Magman - 63 :devil: Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Paulos - 59/60 Laaaaaarf, I nearly ****. Too many student nights out on the pi$$ :lol:

Maglad - 29/30 Good effort, not an easy course :look:

Edited by Chard

Ouch !! :yes:

Good result for you though Chard. :lol::sick:

Yes, I was quite chuffed with that, Pete. There were a couple of birds that really got the better of me (though they shouldn't have really,

just not thinking them through properly). :good:

The rest were just silly careless ones and twos thrown away :yes:

Southdown sounded a bit of a toughie :look:

Did you see Tosspot there, Pete?

Edited by Chard