• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm today was ok....

JJ's first round 70 ex 84

2nd round **** so binned it 64...sheessshhh

3rd round 72

Had a shoot-off for third place.....3 pairs...then sudden death....

2nd pair of sudden death....I died!

so came NO WHERE....still awarded me with 50 shells though, which I thought was jolly decent :yp:

Bagsy, you got a third I believe....and stand two I got 11...hahahahahaahahh

Edited by broken man

I reckon that's not a bad score there Peter.

I guess you won it or came a close second.

I can also see why Cat decided he would rather sit in a field today and shoot a third of a 20 bird bag of pigeons :yp: <insert clucking chicken noise>. However, to be fair, if he did get beat he might as well cancel his membership on here :lol::D not that anyone would say anything about it of course.

I'll have a crisp £20 on Cat ducking out of the next one of these :blush:

Good "all round" shooting there Peter

I reckon that's not a bad score there Peter.

I guess you won it or came a close second.

I can also see why Cat decided he would rather sit in a field today and shoot a third of a 20 bird bag of pigeons :yp: <insert clucking chicken noise>. However, to be fair, if he did get beat he might as well cancel his membership on here :good::good: not that anyone would say anything about it of course.

I'll have a crisp £20 on Cat ducking out of the next one of these :good:

Good "all round" shooting there Peter

Well, that's choice coming from the master of all duckers, where were you at the ledgendary Essex V Bucks head to head last February..?? :lol:

Even MC dared to venture West of the M11. :blush:

As for ducking out of the next one, one thing I can say is that I won't be shooting any All Round events at Northampton, as I don't like the format, and I don't like the ground, BUT I will be at the Essex Masters, so let's make it a bit more interesting by all putting a crisp £50 note into a pot, then winner takes all, sounds good to me..?? :D

A very well done to Pete from the Sea for a superb score, you thoroughly deserve the "Daddy" trophy. :good:

Cat.

Cat I'll do you a bullseye on an all round competition within 1 hour of Essex. I think Southend of all places runs one if you want somewhere neutral (I've not shot there).

We should also get Tosspot, Peter and MC to join us, and the dark horse Broken Man.

Should be a good do.

Edited by Mungler

If it is a day by the seaside you want Clacton gun club run all round and sport trap events.

Ah yes the Essex V Bucks challenge. Is that the one where you shot well but Essex still won the day. :yp: :lol: And every time a rematch has been suggested the opponents are busy.

I will come and shoot wherever you like as long as I am free, and quite a lot of sundays throughout the summer I am already shooting.

Hi,

I did 33\100 English Sporting last weekend which was my first time out, no excuses but a badly fitting gun and new glasses that kept fogging up :lol:

Not sure if that's any good lol.

Jon.

Ok for a beginner.

Need to sort another gun, and glasses it seems... were you breathing hard or something! :welcomeani:

Only time I suffer from fogged shades are when I breath out whilst I've got my hand in front of my face, either picking my nose adjusting glasses/hat.

I was a bit peeved today at my club, this guy was criticizing me and saying I should get some more lessons before coming to practice on tuesday since I only hit 7 out of 50, but I was happy hitting those since they were pretty hard I thought. I am sorry but lessons are £70 while tuesday and sunday practice are £16, I know which I will choose and I am also sorry I wasn't born ******* John Rambo like he was. He must have been amazing as a beginner.

Will you benefit more from £70 of coaching, or 4 and a bit practice days?

Why not spend one of the £16 practice days on a book, like John Bidwell's Move Mount Shoot, or there are other places that'll coach from £35 for an hour. 1 hour with a coach might help you achieve what 5 practice days might?

How many practice days have you shot so far?

I have shot since December, probably about 8-9 practice sessions, mostly one a week and one coaching lesson I have also taken. Yeah there is the Sandwich School near me where I could possibly get help with my shooting and I think it's cheaper but I think I need to buy a book on this subject.

I getcha. 8 x £16 - £128.

I believe that £128 on a few hours coaching will have produced some basic knowledge and skills in you to achieve better than 14% results. ???

I'm only speaking from my own experiences of course. Your mileage may vary. My results jumped from 65% to 80% + after a few coaching sessions and reading all the books and watching all the DVDs. My straw bale results are 90%+

Edited by Peter De La Mare

A very well done to Pete from the Sea for a superb score, you thoroughly deserve the "Daddy" trophy. :good:

Bonjour Cat,

Oo - la - laaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete from the Sea would be Pete de la Mer

The word Mare in French means Jument in English -

Ju´ment

n. 1. A beast; especially, a beast of burden.

Fitter for juments than men to feed on.

- Burton.

Noun 1. jument - an animal such as a donkey or ox or elephant used for transporting loads or doing other heavy work

beast of burden

work animal - an animal trained for and used for heavy labor

pack animal, sumpter - an animal (such as a mule or burro or horse) used to carry loads

So his name translates as Peter of the workhorse !!! (sorry Pete ! )

Merci beaucoup

LV

So his name translates as Peter of the workhorse !!! (sorry Pete ! )

Actually, it's a Guernsey name, and translates to 'Of the Marsh' or the less kind version used at school 'Of the Swamp' :good:

Mare = Marsh. There's a very large area near where I lived in Guernsey called 'Le Grand Mare' which is a huge marsh.....