How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KINGSLEY MOOR

Anni 84. Messed a few stands up for a good round :good:

Nickyt 83 .Good shooting from Mr T . Steady eddie.

Chard 78. galavanting caught up with him half way through but he got off to a flyer, he was on fire (Zoned out ) :yes:

Met Berettaman Ron who was on for doing well when i had a sneaky peek at his card ( Thanks for the choke Ron if your watching ).

Well shot Gentlemen more than respectable scores there.

I decided to give Kingsley a miss and give Leadbook Hall (nr. Flint in N. Wales) a go, it's a 100 birder over 12 stands but fibre wads only. Not a bad shoot except they don't change it round much from what I've seen on previous visits. Marking is done by the local Air Cadets so even if they are very inexperienced it's definitely one up from a "mark your own" shoot.

Actually it's "Strictly" fibre wads only but I didn't see the TV cameras or a panel of judges ???:lol::D

Started off with gun problems, was using my son's gun and the top ejector was overriding the fired case so ended up shooting the first 2 stands with a friend's gun. Changes carts from Kent Velocity to Eley VIP and that seemed to solve that problem but I was already 7 birds away after just 18 targets :good:???

Anyway finished on a 78 and thought I was at least 10 birds down on what I was capable of, so it's a tin of Spam on the 25th in the Potter household as yet again I went home without a plump bird (or a turkey!)

Till next week

Mr Potter

Lost my will to live @ JJ's today, arf hour wait on the stands.

Score...unimpressive :good:

There were a lot of people coming out of the woodwork today for the hampers and stuff - Don't think I have ever seen it that busy - Some had taken 4 hours plus for a round!!

Good targets though - The rabbit was an absolute child of unwed parents

I too couldn't find a groove at JJs. Not the best of starts and 40 mins between stands doesn't do it for me.

Best of all, missed the J28 turn off on the way home which meant I had to suffer the roadworks and restrictions to Waltham Abbey to go round the roundabout and back again. Missus not impressed with my time keeping.

There were a lot of people coming out of the woodwork today for the hampers and stuff - Don't think I have ever seen it that busy - Some had taken 4 hours plus for a round!!

I too couldn't find a groove at JJs. Not the best of starts and 40 mins between stands doesn't do it for me.

I'd have ****** off halfway I think.

In 4 hours we'd driven to Southdown, shot, had gut buster breaky, and driven back..... nearly.

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Me and my 16 year old lad were up at Ancholme valley clay target club today where we've both been shooting skeet for about 3 months now, along with some much needed and excellent lessons from Dave Noar .Any-way the boy got his best score today 24 /25 which after such a short time shooting and only his third time out with his new gun i reckoned was bloody brilliant ,dad i'm afraid was left trailing on a miserable 19 . All in all though another fantastic fun day out with my lad and some really great company which when all said and done is what its all about . :good:

Edited by Jega

Kingsley results from yesterday:

Kingsley Scores 13th December

Congrats Anni on picking up 3rd place in B class :yes:

Well done Nick seems you all had a good day, I thought Chard was a little subdued now I know why. I shot an 89 but missed a complete pair on the stand which was your last one when most people was hitting 2 clays with one shot. I did the same on the platform and the rabbit stands missing a pair on both, just lack of concentration. Still it was a good shoot with plenty of variation in the birds.

Doveridge is on again on the 27th and they have changed a lot of the stands there so that will be a good one, although I am off to Tenerife tomorrow so no shooting for me now until the 10th Jan Kingsley.

Regards Keith

Had a pre-Chrimbo trip out to Coniston today with Auntie and a couple of the Worsley regulars. Saw more than a few familiar faces down there too (Jim Wagstaff and Grant Davidson to name two) looking to get some sneaky midweek practice in too :good:

Shot a very mixed bag of disciplines today with the following results:

Started off on the far left Skeet range which happened to have a very low high bird and a very high low bird :good::

Nicky T 21

Auntie 17

Tony 17

Stuart 16

Headed over to their new Compact layout which featured an array of testing targets including some distant loopers and a floating incomer that curled on its way towards us:

Auntie 20

Nicky T 16

Stuart 15

Tony 15

Quick brew and defrost then off to the Baldrick Sporting Layout, where an evasive rabbit that either rocketed past you or got stuck in the mud along the way cost all of us dearly :oops::

Auntie 15

Nicky T 15

Tony 10

Stuart 10

Onto Whernside Sporting Layout that featured a mixture of standards, midis and a mini :hmm: as well as a battue that wasn't hanging about!:

Nicky T 20

Auntie 19

Tony 18

Stuart 10

Another quick pit stop for lunch and another brew, then back out onto the DTL layout:

Auntie 23/68

Nicky T 22/63

Tony 18/52

Stuart 17/49

Finished up with a return to the Compact giving us a chance to ammend earlier mistakes:

Auntie 18

Nicky T 17

Stuart 14

Tony (too cold so he had a brew instead) :good:

Very enjoyable day out with cracking company and thanks to Auntie for the top teal-busting tip :yes: :yes:

Edited by Nicky T