How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doveridge...................................55..................................

..........Stop snigering at the back :hmm:

Freezing, raining, completely hit rock bottom today. Dont know whats happened but I,m back to square one.

69 was a good score nick :yes: well done son.

Not looking forward to hodnet at all :)

Edited by Anni

Doveridge...................................55..................................

..........Stop snigering at the back :hmm:

Freezing, raining, completely hit rock bottom today. Dont know whats happened but I,m back to square one.

69 was a good score nick :yes: well done son.

Not looking forward to hodnet at all :)

I'm sure the freezing rain didn't help matters - the weather gradually got worse as I was going round too :hmm:

You'll be right for Hodnet; must have been the fact you were off PW over Xmas that caused today's blip :yes:

Went to Catton Hall today with the boy + 5 heathens (non PWers) The boy shot quite well, was on for a 96 with only 3 or 4 stands to shoot but faded (pressure??) away to an 88. More than respectable score but probably nowhere near enough to get a pick-up, a couple of top shots turned up as we finished shooting (they had either come from Doveridge/Kingsley Moor or had enjoyed a lie in and a cooked breakfast)

Even so the boy put me firmly in my place, I started well enough just 6 away after the first 7 stands but then started missing 3 birds on a succesion of stands. Only dropping 1's on the "harder" stands, the 3's were on the bread & butter stands :hmm::):yes:

Finished on a disappointing 79 so, as usual, went home swearing but soon forgotten and am already looking forward to Hodnet, weather permitting.

Bumped into Yellow Bear and had a good chat but he was well gone by the time we finished so I don't know what he finished on.

Mr Potter

Bumped into Yellow Bear and had a good chat but he was well gone by the time we finished so I don't know what he finished on.

Mr Potter

It was that bad I am not saying :yes::hmm::) , however, but the time I got home my throat was raging, and my nose running like a tap - hope I did not infect you Mr P. :yes::hmm: :blink: That's my excuse :hmm:

Of to the hot toddies now, need to be right for Thursday :yes::yes:

Edited by Yellow Bear

As Nicky said, Doveridge was fairly tricky yesterday - a lot rangier than all of the shoots I have been to there in the past. I was gutted with the way I finished, I started strongly and had only dropped a few by the time I was half way round...then I had a devastating few rounds which completely sucker punched me. I dropped 15 over 3 stands and that knocked me for 6, the confidence just drained away :lol: Finished somewhere in the low 70's. I'm not doing any more for a while, I need to improve drastically otherwise I am just throwing money down the drain :good:

Good to see Nicky and Ron kicking about, sorry I didn't stop and chat Ron, but I was just about to step into the cage :good:

Shot Southdown registered this morning with PDLM and his mate - that had to be the toughest shoot I've been to. 49/100 - says it all really. What a way to start the year. Still got a lot to learn. Don't think i read much of anything correctly other than the first stand we shot.

Shot Southdown registered this morning with PDLM and his mate - that had to be the toughest shoot I've been to. 49/100 - says it all really. What a way to start the year. Still got a lot to learn. Don't think i read much of anything correctly other than the first stand we shot.

Fair play to you for wangling a pass out today - i didn't have the same luck so will have to wait until Sunday :oops:

So what did Pete get then? :oops:

Gave up the will to live at the above shoot :oops:

started ok then two trap breakdowns ho hum (no change there) three more stands and another broken trap, so i went home simples

pity how the place is going

only really went to play on the compact (pool) shoot but that wasn't running :good: missed a trick there as there were over 200 shooters there

Northall tomorrow anyone?

As Biggers said, southdown was a little tough today, plus I think I was off form after not much sleep last night. As a guide, A Balham who normally wins AA class there with 96 or 95 only shot a 86. High gun when we left was 90. My 63/100 was disappointing, I didn't even bother some of the birds. A bad start to the year. :oops: