How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot like a bell end at Copfurn. Didn't bother marking the last stands, but it would have ended up around the 60 mark, possibley as low as a 58, out of 80.

Not sure what I was doing, but it wasn't shooting properly. :good:

Best not tell you what I shot there today then, I messed up the first stand we shot and it got steadily worse :oops: :oops:

Shot like the biggest af all cocks at the local straw baler. Mrs Fuz was only 10ish clays behind me :good: normaly have a 30 to 40 lead :ermm:

Anyone want to swap a cynergy for a Y shaped stick and some strong elastic :hmm: used to be far better with my catapult :lol:

Fuzrat

Hang on... I have a y-shaped stick somewhere....

I had a great laugh. I went up to my permission and spent a good two/three hours shooting targets and generally getting used to the HMR again. Ok, so I burned a lot of ammunition, but it's been a while since I did a lot of shooting.

The end results? Just over an inch and a half groups at 100m in a gusty breeze going left to right and a happy, smiley Wookie.

Now all I have to do is decide whether or not to spend my birthday next week at Mid-Norfolk doing a 100 bird All Round, or head out to High Harthay, or both (and risk annoying the missus).

Cough... High Harthay... Cough

You need to show me round (+ you're guaranteed to beat me)

Now all I have to do is decide whether or not to spend my birthday next week at Mid-Norfolk doing a 100 bird All Round, or head out to High Harthay, or both (and risk annoying the missus).

Yeah did **** as usual I think I am aiming too high, I need to go on the private closed shoot since the targets there are a bit easier. :good: And gonna think about getting more lessons.

Badly, I think sums up my morning.

I went to JJ's with Fatcatsplat, mungler, and Mr & Mrs Broken man.

I just couldn't seem to make anything connect. I finished on 60/96.

I was using steel loads and it was windy. Plus Mrs broken man was giving me stick about some bottles of wine. I think she might have a bit of a problem wanting wine at 10 o'clock on a sunday morning.

Good to meet FCS for the first time, I hope you left some chinese food for the other people in east london. :yes:

I was using steel loads and it was windy. Plus Mrs broken man was giving me stick about some bottles of wine. I think she might have a bit of a problem wanting wine at 10 o'clock on a sunday morning.

I use a lot of steel, but I only use it for close-up stuff now. Gamebore Super Steel 24g seem very good for in your face close-up targets of any description, very fast at close range and effective. However, I seem to find that they're ******* useless at any kind of range, and strong wind seems to make long range stuff even worse. I think this is due to steel shot losing all its oooomph after it's travelled a certain distance :birthday:

For this reason, I now also carry around Eley Superbs (lead) for the long range stuff :birthday: Seems to make all the difference. I will continue to use the Super Steel for close range stuff, because it's filthy cheap :yay:

Edited by Chard

I was using steel loads and it was windy.

Sorry Martin but Bazza reserved this excuse on Saturday, you just missed out. Sorry, it's out of my hands :birthday:

Mrs broken man was giving me stick about some bottles of wine.

That's a new one, i'm sure it will be put before the committee and submitted as fresh excuse for 'the bag'.

Good to meet FCS for the first time, I hope you left some chinese food for the other people in east london. :birthday:

Suffice to say it may be the last time i get invited to an all you can eat buffet.

Billy Six Plates :birthday::yay::yes:

Good to see you too sir - Will attempt to get a picture of our quality target up later tonight

Sorry Martin but Bazza reserved this excuse on Saturday, you just missed out. Sorry, it's out of my hands :birthday:

There ain't a bird at parkford that couldn't be broken with steel. So I am afraid that Bazza cannot use that one.

That's a new one, i'm sure it will be put before the committee and submitted as fresh excuse for 'the bag'.

Believe me, she didn't stop going on about this bloody wine. I had to get Andy to turn the radio up on the way home so I couldn't hear her. And she wasn't even in our car!