cartridge belts

deer stalker

not something i ever thought about. my belt is closed loop, holds the cartridges ok and they dont fall out, which is all im looking for. suppose if its open loop you can push them up from the bottom to get them out (i have to work from one side or the other, bit tight to pull them out from the middle) but as windknot says they might fall in down to the rims.

ps im assuming youre looking at a belt or something at the mo, hence the question? if so i use one of these in the green camo on my cartridge belt, holds an extra 24 and doesnt take up much room; can also be used on its own on an ordinary belt

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FSBE-MOLLE-Shotgun-p...A1%7C240%3A1318

I hate cartridge belts. Too many walnut stocks dented and scratched by exposed brass heads, and/or birds lost due to wet leather making loading a slow job.

I find it much easier and quicker to split a box of cartridges between my coat pockets, and carry a cartridge bag in addition. Slinging the bag over my head so that it sits in the small of my back, means that my movement is unimpeded.

I've been using a canvas cartridge 'bag belt' which I got on everyone's favourite auction site just

before Christmas.

This is a bag on a belt rather than a shoulder strap which seems to work well, the only

downside I can see is that there's no lid to keep the rain off.

It's got two pockets allowing 100 cartridges to be carried, or 50 if you're going

to be picking and carrying used ones.

Nial