Anyone use hand warmers

Cosd

Hi,

So which is the best, Peacock or Boston.

Has anyone used both?

I'm tending to lean towards getting a Boston.

Hewey

mate has a peacock and i have the boston.

boston lasts longer with a similar heat out put to the peacock, about 24 hours for the boston and 6 for the peacock. you have to guess how much fuel you have put in the peacock where as the bost comes with a filling funnel that has filling marks on it. the peacock has to be lite with a match or lighter where as the boston has two AAA batteries and an element so no lite to scare the ducks in the dark. the boston can be turned of where as the peacock cant so you just let the fuel burn out.

is the bost worth £20 more for these? I thing so but then in a way it would be nice to have two. one for each pocket. but i will just have to spend more money on buying a Muff. :hmm:

liquid fuel like peacock this one on e bay is the same at 1/2 price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HANDWARMER-POCKET-HA...A1%7C240%3A1318

I bought one of these, the delivery was quick but I'm not impressed with the build quality.

I'll get some lighter fluid and try it but I can see myself buying one of the others before too

long.

Nial

• 2 weeks later...
I bought one of these, the delivery was quick but I'm not impressed with the build quality.

I'll get some lighter fluid and try it but I can see myself buying one of the others before too

long.

Nial

I finally remembered to buy some lighter fuel yesterday.

I 'filled' the thing, the only reason that you know it's full is that it won't take any more

and the fuel's running down the side.

I then couldn't get it lit. I tried everything including smothering the 'burner' in fluid and lighting

that but to no avail.

I'm I missing something here?

Overall I'm not impressed.

Nial

• 10 months later...

A friend has just bought the S Boston hand warmer, to anyone who has one of these, how hot should they get? I know it says up to 75 degrees, but having switched it on for the last 45 minutes, it feels warm to touch rather than hot. Is that right?

We're trying it out indoors, I'm guessing it will feel hotter if you are out in the cold......

Boston for me. Works a dream, electronic ignition and you can shut it off and use it the next day. Heat output is good - didnt measure it but holding it with no cover on and with bare hands hurts. It heats through the cover and gloves perfectly well.

Got mine through Amazon - same price as Fleabay and you dont get scammed on the p&p.

Ok, Just worked it out, me thinks!

Switched it off and let it cool down, switched it back on and left for a while outside it's case, it got much hotter this time.

I think leaving it out when you first light it allows it to draw more oxygen before putting it in it's bag; That's my theory anyway.

Heats up very well, very impressed. Mine's on it's way too!!