Anyone use hand warmers

Cosd

i had the charcoal type as i used them when i was in my teens playing golf. I recently bought a new one and the sticks are a nightmare to light so i gave up on the idea. i then bought a peacock fuel type which is the dogs ********!!! lasts for hours and is the simplest thing to use. I know there aprox £25 but well worth it :yes:

peacock,got the jumbo, realy good lasts a couple of days on a little bit of petrol.if it wasnt kept in the velveteen pouch i wouldnt be able to hold it in my hand unmoved for a few mins. its that warm it leaves a bright red mark on my leg,best of all mines never leaked ,no whiffy petrol smell.

peacock,got the jumbo, realy good lasts a couple of days on a little bit of petrol.if it wasnt kept in the velveteen pouch i wouldnt be able to hold it in my hand unmoved for a few mins. its that warm it leaves a bright red mark on my leg,best of all mines never leaked ,no whiffy petrol smell.

Where did you get yours from Paul. Would love one :blink: :good:

Sticks are hard to light ?

Get it glowing then gently blow 'till about 1/4" is glowing.

Place in the case, part close the lid, gently blow a few times to make sure all the 1/4" is still glowing, on the last long slow blow close the lid as you finnish.

I use half a stick for 4 hours warmth, if really cold I use a full stick lit at both ends.

For a near full day out when ferreting I prefer the Peacock.

When my stock of sticks run out I'll probably stick with the Peacock.

google "peacock handwarmers" and you can order online.

TOP TIP - they've currently run out of standard sized ones, but if you order one (£19.95 + £2.85 p&p) then they are sending out GIANT sized ones instead (usually £26.95). New delivery due end of Jan though so be quick :blink:

google "peacock handwarmers" and you can order online.

TOP TIP - they've currently run out of standard sized ones, but if you order one (£19.95 + £2.85 p&p) then they are sending out GIANT sized ones instead (usually £26.95). New delivery due end of Jan though so be quick :blink:

I was looking at these but was going to order the mini.

The normal ones look pretty big, are the giant one's not almost too big to get in

your pockets?

Nial.

The peacock ones don't have a flame in your pocket.

You light it then blow it out and some sort of catalyst material just glows orange to give you the heat as the lighter fuel evaporates through it.

I like the peacock type much better than the solid fuel ones, they both smell a little which is the only downside.

I have been looking at them for a fair while, in the end the wife bought me a boston for xmas. i looked at all the others and came up with pros and cons for them all. the main problem was if its windy or raining then the charcoal ones are a pain to light. the chemical ones work out expensive and throw away as i dont carry a microwave with me to heat them back up/ the light fuel ones were the way to go for me but most you need to light and if you dont carry a lighter then your stuffed. the S Boston has a filling funnel so you know how much your putting in plus it has a battery starter so no lighter. not cheap but when you get upto 30 hours of warmth from two table spoons of fuel and no smell on my hands then it will do me just fine.

only down side is that i need two...................one for each pocket.

Sounds like the Peacock ones are the most popular.

So you just light these things and stick them in your pocket?

No reports of anyone catching fire? :)

I've had one for a while, and they do get really hot (mind you, I don't tend to use the bag they come with).

The initial "Lighting" of the fluid is just to start the catalytic conversion process. Once the flame is extinguished, there is no danger of self-immolation... which is always a good thing :lol:

Great to have when clay shooting in baltic conditions, and on a full fill-up I think mine's lasts between 6-8 hours. If it's just a morning's shooting, just half fill it.