need help

hill billy

i have got a black lab she is about 3 years old and resently she has been playing up a bit when she goes to pick up birds, she will run over and is very very good at finding it but when she goes to pick it up she grabs at it breast :lol: and gets a mouth full of feathers but doesn't bruse the bird however she will do this 2 or 3 times then retrive, the problem is on big shoots it looks like she is crunching the birds up does any one know what i can do to stop her doing this thanks very much

jason

Jason, an old boy told me to get an old pair of tights (not the wife’s best :lol: )cut out a section and put over the breast section of the bird and try a few retrieves that way, it stops the feathers coming out and gets her back into the habit of picking the bird straight up without worrying about the feathers. It worked on my dog which didn’t like the loose feathers on pigeon. As soon as she has it in her mouth recall your dog as soon as possible. Hope it helps a little.

Regards Coney

Edited by coney