Kill it, cook it, eat it - rabbit/grouse

AlphaBravo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i just see the Game Keeper 'Arther' authorise a skyline shot at a deer?! **** M* i hope i'm wrong....

respect where respects deserved ... think camera angles didnt help . . . plus the estates reputation is on the line ... arthur had a close eye on things :yes:

totally agree about the blooding. Unnecessary and purposefully anatagonistic.

Jim

correct me if im wrong ... but doesnt this come from the tradition of killing ur first stag ? supposed to give u its spirit as a mark of respect for the stag and bring u the spirit of the stag in all future stalks ? this i can understand ..... but not with anything thats classed as a ' first kill '

watching this, makes me want to watch some more monarch of the glen :lol: (one of the pinicles of british comedy/drama!)

I hate to say it but you may be 'in luck' if that is the appropriate term, they are re-showing them from the first one onwards on one of the BBC channels soon.

Watching all 5 programs has made me want to have one go at grouse shooting, but I have a felling the only thing I could afford to shoot at Balavil would be the pumpkin :yes:

I hate to say it but you may be 'in luck' if that is the appropriate term, they are re-showing them from the first one onwards on one of the BBC channels soon.

Watching all 5 programs has made me want to have one go at grouse shooting, but I have a felling the only thing I could afford to shoot at Balavil would be the pumpkin :yes:

Got the dvd boxset :lol:

Confessions time - I'm a vegetarian. (There I've said it!)

The programme really made my blood boil though, it seemed the researchers had gone out of their way to find ridiculous vegetarians who were unable to articulate a reasonable argument for why they were vegetarians nor respond intelligently to counterpoints made by the TV presenter. The worst was that blonde ditz that thought that popping vitamin pills made up for an ill-balanced diet. No wonder her skin looked so bad. I was itching to ask her what she would eat if bunnies were allowed to destroy the vegetable crops, but then she stated that she didn't like vegetables either, doh! Shouldn't complain though, she single-handedly did more for the pro-hunting brigade than most people :)

Overall, the gamekeepers and shooters came out very well, and their respect for the quarry was very evident. I wish someone would give me a couple of days freebie hunting at Balavil. Maybe I should apply for the next series??

Rhiannon