God Damn Ice!!!

Lloyd90

Driving home from work @ 3am (Barman) and coming through the country lane that ends right in my village.

I thought "Oh better slow down there's ice on the raod" so slowed it down to 30 mph :o

Seen a rabbit bolt outa the bush aswell n thought I wouldn't mind having a crack at him with the shotty, next thing I know the cars skiddin on the Ice :lol: "Oh ****". Almost **** myself ;)

Managed to swerve past a big tree but hit the side into one of those thick country bushes thats almost like a small tree :P

Nothing major but smashed the right hand light cover and broke the bulb :lol: Any ideas what its going to cost to get a cover for the light, you know the plastic lens over the front ;) I think one of them and a new bulb should do the job but havent had a rly good look at it yet :lol:

Hopefully not too bad, don't think dad will be too impressed when he gets up in the morning :lol::lol:

If you never hear from me again then you know why :P

Aye it is annoying when an accidents comes out of the blue just like that. What car is it? Last time I went yersterday to swap a lightbulb on one of my mum's cars it was like a fiver, don't know how much a cover would cost though.

Hard luck mate, could have been a lot worse though. Your a passenger when you get sliding on ice, not a nice feeling.

If its the headlight lens you've smashed then normally you have to buy the full unit, not just the lens. What car is it? You may be able to get a replacement from a breakers.

It happens to us all at some stage, Babes

Especially if you are a young driver.

I remember once going round the blind bend sideways because of black ice.

And the friend of mine once ended up facing the wrong way up the A12.Lucky it was 3am in the morning.

I would not worry to much about your dad if his anthing like mine. He just be relieve its the car and not you that took the blunt of it .

Now you mum is the one who might give you a hard time (Am a mum i know about these things) :lol:

Your going to have to understand she might just want to wrap you back up in that cotton wool . And never let you out of her sight again. :lol:

So be warned :lol:

xxxxSuzy

Dad wasn't too bad or mum thank god. Dad just said "well its better than someone knocking the door telling me ur dead :lol: " Been up the scrappy, The car's a Vauxhall Corsa. Think its about £60 and yes you have to buy the light unit not just a cover. Not too bad though, could of been a whole lot worse.

It is not a nice feeling shooting along with no control over the car, im just glad id already slowed down otherwise I might have gone right through that hedge :lol:

I know where you're coming from mate ref the feeling of no control. I was a rear passenger in an army landrover, travelling down a steep country road in Dartmoor when the driver lost control on ice. We were doing 360 degree pirhouettes all the way down the hill, bouncing off drystone walls and flinging out two of the other rear passengers. I had 36 points of contact - using my teeth too- so made it to the end of the ride - into an old dears house wall!

No serious injuries thank God, but vehicle, LR90, was pretty smashed up. Old dear's house was stronger than an aluminium frame lanny so got away with a scrape or two.